I think hard. If I remember correctly, Marik was the finalist in the Battle City tournament against Yugi. Leon and I watched the broadcasts of the duels. Now that I've seen the God cards, I know that somehow, Marik had Ra at one point. It was all over the network about a super card that wasn't available anywhere. It was one of a kind. I'm not sure how Marik had it in his deck but it's now in Yugi's possession.

"You've dueled him before haven't you? You're an amazing duelist. I saw you on T.V.."

There's a dark change in his expression for a moment but in the next second, it's gone. Maybe it was my imagination. The bell rings, breaking off my train of thought.

"Oh! Class time. We'll pick this up again another time!"

I briskly walk towards my class and sneak a glance in Marik's direction. He's holding his head like he has the worst headache in the history of headaches. I wish I could help him, but if I'm late, Ziggy will find out and who knows how he'll react. Hopefully Marik will be okay. I'll check on him later.

In class, I greet Yugi, "Hey, any idea how I read that thing from yesterday?"

Trying my best not to infer too many details, in case any of the many eavesdroppers in the class are listening, I keep quiet and vague. Yugi reflects my vagueness, well aware our conversations aren't private here.

"No, but you left something so I wanted to return it to you." He hands me a little box.

"But I didn't--"

Yugi shakes his head indicating for me to stop talking. There's a note, taped on top of the box folded up. I unfold it and read.

Hapu,
I still have no clues to how you were able to read the inscription. And I don't know why it glowed either. But, one of the millennium items was glowing in reaction to the inscription and I think it's chosen you, like it's chosen others to protect and guard it. We think you should have it.

I open the box a fraction of an inch to peek inside and I see the glimmer of gold. Quickly I close it again. Quietly as I can I rip out a paper from my school notebook and write back.

Yugi,
There is no way I can accept this from you. Don't think I forgot so easily how much power you said these items contain and can release. There's no way it could have chosen me. I'm just me.

I pass the note to him and he reads silently then puts the note in his pocket. Class lasts longer than usual by three hours. At least that's what it feels like since the clock was ticking in slow motion for me. When the bell finally rings, releasing us, I turn and plop the box onto Yugi's desk.

I shake my head, "It's not me it's looking for."

Yugi takes my hand and pulls me through the door. He takes a corner on our way to the next class and the millennium puzzle glows. When we finally stop, he turns and I drop my eyes.

"Yami." I whisper.

He's allowed the Pharaoh control which makes me uneasy. I'm not used to him yet.

He holds out the small box I returned to him. "Items don't choose people lightly. Call it destiny or fate, it chose you for a reason."

Taking my hand in his again, Yami places the box in my palm and folds my fingers around it. Sighing, I open the box.

"This recently belonged to a loyal tombkeeper who guarded a powerful secret." Yami pulls out the necklace from the opened box and indicates that he'll help me put it on.

I turn and he places it over my head and as I hold my hair out of the way he fastens it around my neck. "It sure seems like everything to do with Egypt is powerful, huh?"