"So this is it? This is our last goodbye?" I asked with tears in my eyes. I wish it weren't so, but I can't say that out loud. There is no proper way to say goodbye to your parents. There just isn't. "The time has come for you to go off on your own to begin your life," My father said before kissing my forehead. "You will find your way through the dark as you always have, but this time we will not be holding your hand," he whispered to me as he took me into his embrace. "You are a young woman now and your time to prosper has arrived, you've made us so proud," he finished with a reassuring smile. "You'll always be in our hearts and on our minds," my mother said wiping away a couple of my stray tears. "For as long as you live may only good things come your way. Whatever hardships you face though I won't be there I know you'll make it through. You can do this," she said as she rubbed my back as she had always done to comfort me as a child. "I love you, both of you," I said as I looked between the two of them. I couldn't find the words to say to express how much I wish I could keep them with me always. Losing your parents is difficult especially when they are being taken from you like this. There's just no right way to say goodbye. The whole situation is so messed up. We only spent a few more moments together in silence before it was time for me to make my way into the past.

   I looked at them one last time as I grabbed the house elf's hand and turned the dial five times before feeling like I was falling backwards as the scene before me became blurry. The sullen faces of my parents disappeared as everything around me began to spin rapidly. I felt as if I was being spun around in circles for a few moments before I landed hard on stone cold floor. I grunted in pain as I regained my bearings. I had fallen belly down on the floor I noticed as I reached out my hands to push myself up. I sat on the ground for a moment rubbing my achey head trying to obtain my focus. I heard people buzzing around busily nearby. "It worked," I whispered as the inside of the Hogwarts Castle came into view. Thank goodness this corridor is empty, I thought as I stood up from the floor gathering my bags. The house elf stood beside me disoriented as well. I placed the time turner in my bag before beckoning the house elf to follow me. I timidly began my journey to figure out my place here. I peeked around the corner seeing the great hall quickly filing with students. I heard everyone inside excitedly talking amongst each other. I then noticed a line of first years gathering at the door ready to enter. They haven't been sorted yet. I have to catch the headmaster before he enters the great hall. I have to at least notify him of my presence. At least I think that's that right thing to do. I ran down the corridor the way I came and made my way to the headmaster's office. I ran as fast as I could to the office seeing a man other then Dumbledore exit. Upon telling the house elf to take my things to the room of requirement and wait until I came to get her I made my way over to him. "Excuse me miss what are you doing in the corridor, and why are you not in your robes?" I heard him call to me. "My apologies headmaster I am new here. I didn't know how to go about this. I got off the train with the rest of the students, but I wasn't sure where to go," I said acting like I was lost and confused. "I got my acceptance letter this summer, I understand a new seventh year isn't customary here at Hogwarts," I said hoping my word vomit made some sort of logical sense to him. "I see, no one informed you. It's quite alright my dear. Have you got your robes with you?" He asked. "Yes but I left them in my trunk which I gave to the man gathering the bags. "I see my prefects have failed. You should've been notified, no matter,  I can easily transfigure this dress into a temporary robe," he said as he swished his wand transfiguring my dress into a plain black robe. "Come along dear we mustn't be late for the sorting. You will be sorted after the first years. What year will you be in exactly?"he asked as we hurriedly made our way to the great hall. "Seventh," I said to which he nodded. "Oh where are my manners I am Headmaster Dippet and you are?" He asked, stopping in his tracks and offering his hand for me to shake. "Roslyn, Roslyn Hill," I said shaking his hand. "Oh another Hill? I have become quite familiar with that name throughout the years," said before picking up his fast pace towards the great hall. "Now Miss Hill you must wait here until your presence is announced. This is quite exciting we don't usually get new seventh years. Welcome to Hogwarts my dear." He seemed quite chipper as he gushed about my presence and it made me feel secure for the time being. "Thank you headmaster," I said before he turned and made his way into the great hall. I pushed back my hair and took a deep breath as I waited for my unnecessary introduction. I guess this headmaster loved to make a spectacle of things. Maybe nothing special ever happens here, the 1940's are probably just as boring as they seemed.