37

"What do you think?" Sasuke asked me as he sat down on the rock beside mine, Sakura following him curiously.

"What does she think about what?" Sakura asked.

"Miyu has sensory type ninja skills, remember? She's scoping out the forest with her advanced senses now." Sasuke reminded. I opened my eyes and cut off my connection with nature feeling slightly rejuvenated.

"I don't think the terrain will be a problem at all. The forest is pretty normal. Our biggest problems will come from other ninja." I explained as Naruto ran past us being chased by a box.

"But since you're a sensory type ninja you'll be able to sense them coming, right Miyu?" Sakura asked. I gave her a rueful smile.

"Unfortunately, no. I'm not technically a sensory type ninja. I can only sense my surroundings if I'm stationary and in a meditative state. So sure I could sense other ninja and stuff, but I wouldn't be able to protect myself or move around." I explained. She nodded to me with a small frown.

"Well, that's ok. There will be times when we're stationary and if we need you to sense our surroundings we can just have someone watch over you." I smiled at her. Trust Sakura to find the perfect plan in seconds.

"That's the worst disguise ever! There's no such thing as square rocks!" Naruto shouted having finally turned on the box that was chasing him.

"Pretty slick, boss! As I would expect from my rival!" in a puff of smoke the box disappeared and the three tikes from the other day were left in its wake, coughing on all the smoke.

"I'm Moegi, the sexiest preschooler ninja!" the girl shouted.

"I love algebra, call me Udon!" the first boy shouted.

"And I'm the number one ninja in the village, Konohamaru!" the final boy shouted.

"And together, we're the 'Konohamaru Ninja Squad'!" they shouted together before striking a pose. With a polite smile I gave them a gentle applaud.

"What a cute performance. I just love when pups train for adulthood." I commented.

"I don't know what kind of crazy adulthood you think they're training for, Miyu." Sakura deadpanned.

"Yeah I knew it was you guys all along. I don't have time to play with you right now. I'm about to take the second part of the Chunnin Exams." Naruto explained with his arms crossed haughtily.

"No, wait boss, we came here on official business!" Konohamaru said gaining Naruto's attention.

"Yeah!" Moegi added, "we're here to get an exclusive interview for the academy newspaper!"

"An interview, huh?" Naruto mused with a smirk. He puffed out his chest proudly at the notion.

"Yeah, it's a special on the Chunnin Selection Exams." Udon explained.

"Hey, what's going on over here?" Anko demanded.

"Something about an interview for the academy newspaper." Naruto answered sounding confused.

I'm not sure what he found confusing about a newspaper article.

"Oh yeah, the Hokage did say something about me being interviewed..." Anko recalled thoughtfully.

"What? I thought I was the only one getting interviewed!" Naruto yelled.

"You're not the only one taking the exams, Naruto." I offered in explanation.

"Yeah, you arrogant idiot!" Sakura shouted angrily.

"Yeah, we're just going to interview a few more people. But you're the most important, boss!" Konohamaru explained quickly, sating Naruto.