30

I sat in a training ground far away from the Uchiha compound meditating. I didn't know how to deal with Sasuke's words... I felt like they should make me angry, or sad, or something.

But honestly, his words hit home a little too harshly and I would rather not deal with them. Maybe I'll just pretend like nothing happened and go back to treating Sasuke like normal.

Would that be weird?

It would be a lot easier.

I sighed. I shouldn't be worrying about what's weird and what isn't anymore, I decided not to deal with it and that's that. Instead of thinking about stupid feelings I'll focus on my training.

I inhaled a deep breath of the surrounding forest. The forest scent reminded me of a certain really mean boy that I was trying to not deal with right now. With a small grumble at my lack of concentration I brushed all thoughts from my head and focused on my surroundings.

Meditating always made me feel better. There was something about being in the forest that felt rejuvenating. It was like with each breath of fresh air I was breathing in new energy that helped me get through the sleepless nights and long days.

The forest was my savior.

"I got you!" my eyes snapped open as I was tackled to the ground.

"What the heck?" I gasped out as my back hit the dirt. I breathed in the scent of rain and let a smile grace my features.

"Kiba." I smiled in greeting to the boy who had just tackled me to the ground for no reason.

"Me too!"

"And Akamaru!" I shouted with glee, "man I haven't seen you guys in forever!"

"Tell me about it!" Kiba agreed still pinning me to the ground.

"Are you going to get up?" I laughed. Kiba's face was only a few inches from mine. A wolfish grin stretched across his lips.

"Why don't you make me?" he threatened lightly. A playful smirk danced across my face.

"Are you sure you want to wrestle with me? I play rough." I watched Kiba's eyes darken for a second in a feature I didn't recognize before he snapped his teeth playfully at me.

Kiba always knew how to cheer me up. No matter what we were doing his mannerisms were distinctly wolf and made me feel like I was home.

I bared my teeth and playfully growled at him before I braced my knees on his, surprisingly hard, stomach and pushed him over my head. He flopped down as I scurried to stand in preparation for his next advance.

Kiba and I wrestled as often as we could. It was pretty similar to how Nao and I used to play, but something about our dynamic felt different. Sometimes I wondered if Kiba was purposefully gentle with me so he didn't accidentally hurt me or if he purposefully let me win our wrestling matches for whatever reason.

Akamaru never participated. I wasn't sure why, I assumed it was because he was still a pup and couldn't really involve himself in our wrestling since he was so much smaller. I was glad for my time with Kiba though. Some of my happiest moments in the village were with him.

Kiba charged me head on. I scoffed at his advance and readied myself for a counterstrike. At the last second, Kiba surprised me by ducking and grabbing my legs. He lifted me onto his shoulder and spun in a circle.

"This isn't taijutsu!" I protested with a laugh. I used Kiba's shoulder's to push myself up out of his grip. I righted myself in a handstand on top of his shoulders and flipped down behind him.