23

The days passed monotonously.

In the mornings I would rise from sleepless nights and guard Tazuna. While on the bridge I would play with my chakra.

It was kind of like how when normal people are bored they twiddle their thumbs, instead of doing that I play with my chakra. I guess it's why I picked up tree climbing and walking on water so quickly. I already have pretty good control over it from my mindless playing, which was actually technically training.

I would summon my chakra to my hand and try to change the form or shape of it for fun. I knew I had fire-style chakra thanks to my Uchiha blood so I would summon that kind of chakra and play with it in small amounts to pass the time.

In the afternoons I would practice walking on water, trees, and whatever else I could find. In the grand scheme of things, all the little things I was doing was chakra control training. Despite not having much of a desire to be a ninja and fight I still found chakra and ninja skills to be fascinating, so I practiced.

At night I would return to Tazuna's house where Tsunami would prepare a meal for us. She was incredibly kind. Sakura would eat her meal calmly and watch Sasuke. Kakashi-sensei would keep eyes on all of us. Sasuke and Naruto would glare at each other, no doubt continuing their tree-climbing feud, and try to eat faster than the other one. One night their eating competition got so fierce that they actually both threw up.

I wonder how long it'll take them to master tree climbing anyways.

A day or two later, Tazuna decided to take a break on his bridge claiming that his 'old man's back' was 'acting up'... whatever the heck that means. So Sakura suggested we watch the boys train. I figured it would be a good time for me to take a small break from my training as well, so I agreed.

"I can't wait to see Sasuke train! He'll be all sweaty and glistening!" Sakura squealed next to me, her face the color of her hair.

"Sasuke's sweat is gross." I deadpanned as we stepped into the clearing, "He always smells, but his sweat makes it worse."

"Really? What does he smell like?" Sakura asked curiously. I couldn't tell if she was actually curious or if she was imagining some sort of creepy fan-girl smell scenario.

"Hey, what are you girls gossiping about?" Naruto teased as he walked over to us, seeming to be taking a short break to flirt with Sakura.

"Shut up, Naruto! Miyu was just about to tell me how Sasuke smells!" Sakura yelled, her demeanor flipping from love-struck to ferocious in an instant.

"What?" we heard Sasuke exclaim followed by a soft thud of him losing concentration and flipping back to the forest floor. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, Sasuke! We didn't mean to disturb you! It's no big deal, really, just girl talk! You wouldn't be interested!" Sakura hastily covered probably realizing that Sasuke would think she was weird if she was asking about how he smells.