"Alright Ms. Simms, I'm just going to take pulse, blood pressure, temperature, and some blood. I see you're almost out of fluids, I'll replace that bag and bring you a fresh one." I breathed shallowly as I waited for this all to end.

...

Once the nurse left and Michael came back in, I dozed off and didn't bother waking up. When I woke up, I noticed that there was a wrap around my wrist that had been secured tightly. Michael was intently reading a book as I stirred quietly.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked as I saw him look up.

"Oh nothing, just something to keep me entertained. How'd you sleep sleepyhead?" I shrugged my shoulders slightly as another jab of pain thrusted at my abdomen.

"Aright I guess." I sighed heavily.

"I talked to the doctor and he wants to keep you under strict watch for about a week, just in case you worsen." I groaned as I had to stay here for a week, staring at white walls all of the time.

"I'm going to be so bored by myself." I whined.

"I'll be here with you okay? I'm not going anywhere." I smiled slightly to know that Michael gave up his time to care for me, at least I know that someone actually cares.

"Anna, what's going on? I know that this wasn't some sort of 'accident' and the doctor knows it too. What really happened to you, and don't lie to me." I shook my head as he pried me.

"Just leave it alone Michael." Disobeying my request, Michael rushed to my bed side and interrogated me much more.

"No, I will not leave it alone because I know that something happened to you and it was not some sort of accident. You need to tell me right now! I can help you!" Tears sting my eyes as I shook my head.

"You can't help me! Whatever you try to do will just make it worse." I cried.

"What worse? Anna, did someone do this to you? Yes or no?" I stared at him for a while before turning away.

"Yes." I whispered.

"Oh hell no!" Michael got up and started pacing the floor in front of my bed.

"Michael, stop!" I tried to scream.

"Who is this bastard? I swear to God I'll them." I've never heard Michael cuss but whenever he does, scares me.

"Michael stop it! It's not even worth it." Michael looked at me with a serious face.

"Not worth it? Anna, you were nearly killed! This bastard did this to you and it's not worth it! Anna no one deserves to be treated like this, especially you!" He rubbed his have as he rested his hands on the hospital bed.

"Will you shut up? People are trying to sleep!" Michael sped over to me as he looked me dead in the eye.

"You better tell me everything right now! Or I will find out myself!" I looked away as Michael touched my face.

"Please, do not touch me. I'll tell you, but I doubt you'll believe me." Michael sat down next to me.

"I trust you more than anyone." I let out a shaky breath as I started from the beginning.

"When I first came on tour, I was all alone and no one liked me. That's when I met Gary, he was so nice and caring and generous. He made me feel welcome and happy, he was such a great friend to me. Whitney apparently didn't like me because I was in the way of her getting the chance for you to notice her and fall for her, so those two made a plan to basically kill me and say that I disappeared so she could get to you. Remember when she told you those things about me, about how I tried to kill myself? Well it's true. After we parted back in seventy six, I was never the same, especially after my parents. I was so alone, and didn't have anyone to turn to. For many years I've had that feeling, I almost overdosed one time but luckily Aubrey caught me. I've also had some trouble, actually a lot of trouble, for accepting myself and having the confidence in what I look like, that's when this happened." I rolled my arm that was sprained and showed Michael the deep marks left on my arms. It wasn't as bad but it still hurt to look at them.