36

We were taken straight to the Brixton police station. I was hoping I might be able to see the Scotland Yard, but at least we didn't go off course. Anyway, never in my life did I ever think that the good law abiding me would ever get arrested. Well, I guess everything has exceptions. Our driver was under custody too, which made me feel very guilty on his behalf. Even Cleo was confiscated. I saw this police lady carry her in a small tiny kennel.

My bag, our weapons, cash and cloaks were all confiscated and we were given towels to dry ourselves up. Our taxi driver was in such a shock that one of the officers brought him a mug of hot chocolate and gave us some too since we were staring at him pitifully. Anyway, I don't think I might be able to forgive myself if the taxi driver got Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of us.

'Dogs,' he said. 'There were big scary dogs.'

'There aren't any dogs,' said the officer.

'Ask them. They were after them. Dogs... dogs... dogs...'

The officer looked at me as if asking for help.

'They will be after me.'

'We...er.. Exorcised them,' I said. 'They won't be back. I promise.'

'They won't?'

'They won't.'

'How can you be sure!' he yelled.

Andrew sighed, 'They don't have a reason to be after you.'

'They don't?'

'They don't.'

He calmed down after that a bit.

But after a while he started to wail about how his car got destroyed and that he was probably fired from his job.

My guilt complex worsened.

After a while, the offer called the taxi driver for questioning and we back fifteen minutes after. He was still in a shock that he was allowed to wait a while in the waiting lounge while the two of us were called in into the interrogation room.

We were presented with two seats with our stuff laid out in a table in front of us. I guess looking at the hoard of valuable things we carried; we can be categorized as suspicious.

'Sit,' said the big broad man with a mustache.

We sat down.

'I'm Detective Jonathan Smith. And you two are Amethyst Stone and Andrew Heartfield. Am I right?'

We nodded.

Detective Smith leaned closer to us. 'I've been hearing very strange things lately and_'

'DETECTIVE SMITH!'

We all jerked. Someone just stormed through the door cursing under his breath while an officer behind him cringed away when more people bombarded into the interrogation room.

Detective Smith stood up. 'Who the hell are you folk?'

The man in the black tuxedo who came in first pulled out a badge, 'Agent Mascot, Secret Intelligence Service. I'm here to inform that the inquiry of this case is been taken under the SIS. You may surrender your witnesses to us.'