30

We flew for almost two hours as we passed the African continent and crossed the Mediterranean. And it was the most boring two hours of my life and most stressful. Seeing a continuous stretch of blue sky and blue sea didn't help to ease the tension either. To make things worse, Salzar was blue. I was starting to see blue all over me. Occasionally, Salzar would grunt like an over exhausted vehicle, while a cat purred inside my backpack. For me, I heard my tummy grumble every five minutes.

'He's falling asleep,' said Andrew.

'Who?'

'Salzar. He grunts when he sleeps.'

Great. Our only transport was flying without any idea where he is flying.

'Can't we just land,' I said. 'Anywhere would be fine. We might meet the Greek islands you know.'

Andrew nodded to my surprise. He was exhausted too. The sun was sapping our strength instead as we flew. He softly ruffled Salzar's mane. 'We land on sight of land.'

'Yes, my prince,' Salzar yawned.

It didn't take long for us to catch sight of a shoreline. Salzar landed right on top of the beach, in the instant he touched the ground he was asleep.

Andrew and I got down and laid our backs on the sand with sea water touching out shoes. Shielded my eyes form the sun, it was have been noon.

'Why do we feel so tired?' I said, turning to Andrew who had his eyes closed.

'You battled an army of harpies, I busted Salzar out of an impossible dungeon,' he said. 'We have the right to get exhausted.'

I guess he was right. 'Salzar is exhausted too.'

'He was stuck in the dark for three months,' said Andrew. 'It's bad for a dragon. For anything living things of all that matters.'

I looked at the peaceful sleeping face of the dragon. His breath was pushing away the whiskers on his snout.

'Where did you find him?' I asked. 'I mean, he follows you everywhere.'

Andrew stretched his hand up, as if he was trying to catch the sun. 'I don't know. He found me when I was little.'

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. Soon, even Andrew started to snore. I could not help but laugh. He didn't even stir. Soon, even I fell asleep.

'Yo. Who are you to think that you can sleep on my turf?'

I jerked my eyes open. I almost screamed at the old wrinkled face with a set of crooked teeth which loomed above my face. Whoever it was jerked his head away.

'Geese... didn't mean to startle you, sweetheart.'

'Move away from her before you lose your head.'

I looked over the old man. Half of his body was a tail, a rubbery slippery tail like of a seal. Andrew was holding the edge of his sword pointed on seal-man's back.

The seal-man raised his hand as if he was about to be shot. I backed away, all covered in sand. The tide has risen, so I was half submerged when I was asleep and the salt water made me feel very sticky.

'Who are you?' said Andrew.

The seal-man gave a toothless grin. 'Please my dear Enchanters, I bring no harm.'