3

My first course of action was to close the door behind me; I did it with such a force that Trevelyan was shoved away back to the garden.

'Aw!'

'Sorry!' I cried and ran over to the gnome. I looked at the opened door, there were dozens, I mean dozens of 'FAIRIES!' at the door! They were only three inches tall with two pairs of glowing blue translucent wings, thin legs and arms, pointed faces and wore dresses witch seemed to be made of spider webs.

Trevelyan's round nose was all red.

'I'm so sorry,' I said and I helped him get up.

'It's ok,' he said. But he was almost in tears.

'Come inside.'

The poor gnome rubbed his nose and followed me. When I reached the door, the fairies parted way allowing me to enter. From behind, the door closed. There were a still few fairies in the living room. I gulped and headed towards the kitchen. There were fairies on the table, behind the flower pot and I think I even saw a few peeping from behind the pantry cupboard.

Slowly, I took out the ice tray, poured the ice into a plastic bag and gave it to Trevelyan.

'This will help,' I said. Trevelyan gladly took the ice and pressed it against his nose.

'Or maybe not...'

It took me a while to notice that the fairies were swarming into the kitchen. I was speechless. They just floated on thin air, as if waiting for me to say something.

'I need a big explanation,' I said. 'What are all of you doing in my house?'

Trevelyan kept the ice bag down and sneezed.

'We live here,' said a small voice.

I stared at them in disbelief. Live? Here?

One of the fairies flew forward. 'The last time you saw us, you told us to stay away from you. So we did.'

The last time I saw a fairy, I was nine and I saw one sitting on the kitchen faucet. I screamed and yelled at it to leave.

'What made you think I changed my mind?'

'You came home early.'

'Oh,' I said. I looked down at my watch. Guess I was early.

I flopped down on the chair. 'So Trevelyan, you live here too?'

'I just arrived. I rented the attic, mi-lady.'

I gave a sigh and got up. The fairies parted for me to pass. I walked straight upstairs. There were a few fairies there too. They froze when I came and I ignored them. When I went to my room, I found an ugly green short and fat creature with long fingers wearing a brown office suit typing on my computer.

'Uh-em.'

The creature got up, mumbled something and left my room. I peaked at the computer screen.

CASE NO 54

So, that thing is a lawyer.

I crawled onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. My life just turned upside down. It's not that bad. I can live with a bunch of fairies, gnomes and who knows what else that lives here. There were a few mythical creatures living in my house. No big deal. It was just a crazy dream. When I get up, it will be morning and I will get ready to go to school.

With that thought, I fell asleep.

Unfortunately, it didn't work that way. I woke up at about six o'clock in the evening. It was so quiet, I thought that they were all gone. I went out of my room. No one was there. I went downstairs. Mom was home.