6

I got home just in time before Mom got home. And guess what, news spread fast in Sightless because the first thing Trevelyan did when he opened the door was to bow and say, ‘Greeting your highness!’

I felt like shoving him back into the garden. Instead I banged the door close. The fairies were waiting, so were the troll and Grandpa Ginger. Like as if I was supposed to give them an order or something.

They will listen to anything you say and do whatever you want. You have perfect control over them.

Enof’s words rang in my head like a bell. I didn’t want to rule over them. They were kind enough to me. But, were they kind to me because I was an Enchanter? Did I really have some effect on them? I didn’t want to know.
‘You are definitely the last person to ever be Queen,’ said Mr. Trolsky.

Okay, maybe I really don’t have that much of an effect on them. At least their minds were clear.

‘I know,’ I said. I passed by a bunch of fairies and dropped down in the couch. ‘It’s terrible.’

Some of the fairies switched on the TV.

“This afternoon, whole of Sightless was shocked by the revelation of the presence of an Enchantress, named Amethyst Stone who is also found to be Prince Andrew’s lost elder sister. Reports say that she assisted our prince in dealing with the matter relating to the disturbance caused by the Sand Pixies…”

My jaws fell. I turned to Mr. Trolsky, the only rational person in the house.
“… And now the biggest question, who will hold the throne…..”

‘How_’

‘What?,’ said the troll. ‘We have our own channel.’

I took the remote.

‘What’s the channel number?’
‘Zero zero zero,’ said Tyke in a toothless grin.

Triple zero… no one ever thinks of that and no one is ever likely to stumble over it either.

‘Can normal people see this channel?’

‘Of course not!’ said Mr. Trolsky.

My head was aching too much to ask for the details. I cannot imagine fairies having their own TV channel. The elf in the TV was smiling, showing off all of her teeth.

“… We tried to get views from the Prince but he does not seem to wish to respond... Well Frisky, I guess it must have been a shock to him as well. Well of this mysterious Enchantress, her ware bouts are not yet known. Back to you Trill… Yes Bob. Now for the weather….”

I got up and crawled upstairs. Soon enough I will get to know that unicorns have their own website.

For the rest of the day, I laid in me bed. No one interrupted. I was dead worried. How can I rule a kingdom? Maybe the only thing that I will have to do is to play puppet. But I didn’t want to make myself a fool either. It did sound cool, being able to rule a kingdom. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was less likely to happen. I am sure that Zeus and Athena are not that trilled about putting a stupid girl on a throne. So with that in mind, I dozed off to sleep.

I woke up in the morning with fairies all over my face. I was dreaming of sand dunes, tiny dragons and me drowning in sand. Andrew just stood there watching as I yelled at him for help. He was skeptical about whether to help me or not. There was an army of dragons behind him. Above my head, something chanted in song. I fell into the sea of sand and fell on top of an abandoned courtyard where Andrew was sanding with Salzar. Behind me were fairies, dozens of them. Maybe thousands hung on the creepers and the balconies, the roof and floating all over. There were even trolls, goblins, brownies, tiny elves, small spirit like creatures and gnomes. Everything that can be considered in the fairy family.