13~Decisions, Decisions

Never once have I though this feeling would come. I thought I release majority of those emotions a long time ago.

So, why were they coming back?

As I sit here watching Ian speak to his hired chef for this date, I sit herewondering how the hell things came to this? I was suppose to end this arrangement immediately but I could not find it in my heart to do it just yet. Something was holding me back and I have to figure out what.

I study Ian's facials features. From his charm jawline to his perfectly arched eyebrows. Then I realized his mouth was moving as in conversation forwards and I suddenly was pulled from daydream.

Clearing his throat, he waited for my response except I had no clue what he asked.

"I'm sorry I wasn't listening, what was the question?"

"It's alright, I was just wondering if Italian was decent enough for you? I never asked what you had prefer to eat and I apologize for that."

He is too cute. Wait what? He is totally not cute. That's right, not cute...

"Oh, Italian is perfect for me. I eat a variety of foods." I could not help but smile after witnessing his lips shaping into a grin. It was as if his smile was contagious and I had caught it.

Yeah I'm definitely coming down with something alright.

"Good, I was worried you would hate whatever I gave you since I practically  manipulated you into agreeing to this date." He chuckled as I scowled. "Although, I never expected it to actually work out."

I took a sip of  my glass of wine. " I'm glad you think it's funny, but it won't ever happen again." I flipped him off as I took another sip of my wine. I know it's childish but he deserved it.

"Anyways, hows the line going." I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why he suddenly cared about my process in work. "I'm just curious."

"The process is going a little slow but I'm determined to get it known. I just need to find a sponsor and I'm all set." I sighed heavily, because I did not know when or if I'll ever find one but I can not let the negativity get to me.

I tilted my head down to stare at the table. "It's s struggle trying to find-"

"I can be your sponsor."

"-someone who- wait what?"  I looked up, just to be met with his glistening hazel orbs. He could not have meant what he had said or did I even hear him correctly?

"I want to be your sponsor, and plus we already know each other so it's makes life easier."

He is right. It would make my life easier, but I don't even make clothes for men. Even worse, the news would be all over it and my won't be as peaceful as it is now. But isn't that what I want? Isn't this what I need for my name to prosper?

"Ian, I can't and I don't even make clothes for men very often."

"You don't have to make men clothing in order for me to be your sponsor."

I hated that he was right. He knew i was just searching for excuses and he kept shutting them all down.

"I mean, you really don't need to help me," I stared at the table cloth that seemed to be only thing interesting to me. Like what is this fabric made of, gold? "I can-"

"Why won't you let me help you?"

I was shell shocked, and frozen in my seat. The infinite question that I had heard several times from my parents and peers.

Maybe I didn't want the help. Maybe I liked working alone.

That is what you know best anyways...

"Isabelle, I just want to help you."

He grabbed onto my right hand that was resting on top of the table.

Help? There's that word again. I hated it, because it never came for me when i needed it the most. So why ask for it now?

"I don't need-"

"Yes you do," he squeezed my hand, making me look into his piercing hazel orbs once again. "You're just blocking yourself from wanting it."

I just wanted to punch him in the face, and run away from this interrogation. Although, I didn't because that would make me seem like a coward. I despised how he knew me when I didn't know anything about me, well maybe just a little bit. I didn't want him getting close to me; my past still haunts me.

His words made my head spin with confusion. I didn't know what to do. Should I let him in or just run from what I truthfully need? I just need...

Help me.

"Isabelle, give me a chance."

I studied him. The moonlight from the night brought out his eyes that broke me down with just a stare. His face was perfectly shaven with only a tiny amount of stubble, and it turned me on like no other. Then there was his hair was disheveled like no other, but it seemed better that way. I ran my fingers through, though never breaking eye contact. Then I realized it; he is my hope at the moment and I need to cherish it before it's too late.

Therefore as I bring my hand out of his locks to cup his face, I knew my answer and he knew it too. No words, no signals - just our gazes interlocking - revealing my life changing decision.