10~ Guilty Pleasure

After Ian had left, I decided to drown myself into my new lingerie collection, that I've been working on since January. It's now the 2nd of April, and I just realized my birthday is in two weeks.

I never bothered to celebrate it after I turned ten.

It was on my 10th birthday when my biological parents were murdered before my own eyes. We were at the movies because I really wanted to see twilight, and I had a thing for Edward, but that's besides the point.  Anyway, we we're leaving, and suddenly a masked man came up to us and I can never forget the putrid words he uttered.

" You will pay for what you've done to me..."

Then right then and there, I seen another man come out and shoot my father in the chest. My mother had tried to get me to run, but I was stuck. I mean what do you do when you see your father get murdered?

All of a sudden the arms that's were wrapped around my front loosened. Then the body fell to the ground...dead.

My parents.. dead....

I felt the tears streaming down my face, but I regretted not moving, when I realized the man came up to me and bent down. He grasped my face in his gloved hands, and was about to say something until he heard the sirens.

I think they we're police car sirens, but to be honest I wasn't able to comprehend anything. All I was able to think about was how we were all so happy while celebrating my birthday. I just wanted to see a movie, but I blamed myself for their death. If I had just decided to stay home this wouldn't have happened. I mean I was only ten, and I had just lost my parents. I was lost...lost in thought.

I didn't come back to reality until a felt a hand grasp my shoulder. I looked up and noticed the police officer trying to talk to me, but I could not stop crying. It wasnt until I realized I was dragged to a police car, that my life was going to change drastically.  I don't know when or how, but once I noticed I was at the police station I lost it.

I dropped to the ground and cried as if my life depended on it. I was surrounded by many police men,but that didn't matter. All I could see was my parents falling to the ground lifeless, while I'm still alive. I knew my parents and I loved them with all my life. They were good people, and loved by many. I just couldn't imagine that someone would do that to them since they were innocent. 

At least I thought...

In the end, I was left distraught. I was never the same cheerful child I was again. They had brought me to a foster home and that is where I met Tanya, Billie and Nicole. They tried to make me feel as if I was family, but it wasnt that easy for me to warm up to them. I felt as if I was replacing my parents if I accepted them. I barely talked to them and I didn't go to school for three months, because I honestly felt dead on the inside.

I remember on a rainy day, that Nicole came waltzing into my room. I could tell she was trouble even at the young age of nine.

"If you think that you can take my parents since yours are dead, then think again ugly." Jealous. It was the only word I could think of at that moment to describe her.

I didn't answer her because her feelings were irrelevant to me. I was an only child before I came there, so I didn't exactly know how to interact with her. If that even makes sense.

Once she left, a thought occurred to me. It may have sounded petty now, but back then I was a ten year old that needed a distraction from my parents death.  So I went downstairs on my own for the first time, and searched for Tanya.

I found her and Billie, sitting on the leather couch in the living room, in front of the fire place. They noticed me walk in, eyes widening they instantly relaxed and walked up over to me. I held my head down, while I held my hands together behind my back. It was one of the many manners I had learned from parents.