〚 VII 〛

*gasp*

I woke up from that dream.

'off with their heads?' Really? Did I dreamt about Alice in Wonderland? What an absurd dream.

When I looked around I don't saw Kora.

I walked out of the tent and breathe the fresh air. So relaxing.

I looked around and I found Kiro talking with the folks. It seems that it was so important so I walked around hoped I can found her. I walked past the women who's wasting their clothes at the river, boys that's taming their horses, the men with their eagles and many more. Then I saw someone on the meadow. She's an acher and she's aiming her target and that's a bird on a big tree.

She looked so focus and when she let her arrow go, it stabbed the bird and it fell down. She ran towards it and picked up the dead bird. And it was Kora. She put the bird in a bag.

She realized that I was looking at her and she smiled. She called me.

"[y/n]!!! Wait there!" she waved her hand.

She ran towards me and asked.

"You're hungry? It's okay. The bird is for the dogs here. I believe the ladies already cooked us a breakfast."

"Dogs? They eat birds?"

"Well, some of the hunter's dogs. Come!" she ran to the tent area and sat with the women that's cooking some meat on ther fire. It smelled good though.

"Here! Take a seat!" Kora offered me to sat beside her. I sat down and she gave me a roasted meat.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Grilled chicken." she said as she munched her chicken. She seems to love it. I bite mine and it was good though. The meat is perfectly cooked and it's not hard at all. The spices are perfect too.

Then I saw Kiro walked through us as Kora gave him the chicken. But he refused that he said he already have one. He walked to the stables and grab his horse that has a jet black coat. It reminds me of Apollo's horse, Caliburn.

"Where's he going?"

"Looking for your friends. Well he's looking the sign of his eagle actually."

"Ah I see... I hope they received the message he sent."

"Of course they will! Giza never let us down!" Kora said.

"Giza?"

"It's the name of Kiro's eagle."

After a long conversation about this village, about Kora, about our friends, Kora asked me to adventure a bit about this area. Especially the woods. She taught me how to ride a horse.

"When I was 14, the first time Artemis went here, I'm the one who taught her how to ride a horse." she told me.

"Really?!? But she's a beast tamer!"

"Well, she learned her taming skills after she became a gladiator at Rome... Ah, memories..."

"Gladiator?!? Oh My God I can't believe she became a fighter in her past." gladiators fought until they died. Well, many of them. But many of them managed to survive.

"Well, each of us has many stories about our past. Most of them are dark and cruel." she looked down.

"I'm sorry... But at least we're all safe and sound right now, right?"

Just I was saying that, the horse reared and I fell down. Now my butt hurts.

"[y/n]!! You okay??" Kora asked, she got off of her horse and helped me to stand up. Her face looked worried.