Chapter 19

Disclaimer: The following is a fan based work of fiction that features a vampiric Andy Biersack as well as other real life musicians such as Juliet Simms and the members of MIW. Non of whom belong to me, but to themselves. The only characters I own are my OCs Adam and Ileana Maccari. If you like what you're reading, be sure to leave a vote and a comment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was only when Ashley was done rummaging around in the fridge did he notice the female ghoul behind him. His startled reaction forced him to stumble backwards into the refrigerator.

"Jesus Fuck- Ileana. Are you okay? Where's Andy? I've been calling him all morning. And you might wanna listen to this, since it's partially your brother's fault. I'm sure Andy's already told you this, but we had help to get a hold of the two of you. And one of our friends- the one Adam attacked- is bleeding out and panicking, because he think your brother is carving a path of destruction to find you and Andy. Is my best friend here, or not? And something else, what the hell happened in the living room? There's glass all in the couch cushions and on the floor. Did the two of you have a fight or something? Look, I get where you're coming from, okay? There are days where I wanna kill Andy too, but he cares about you way more than you think. He hasn't even looked at other girls since you left- and believe you me, paying for sex doesn't count as seeing someone. Can you just tell me where he is, so that I can leave with a clear head?" Ileana stayed silent for his entire rant, only partially listening to his words and keeping an ear out for her brother and Andy, still in the utility closet. With Andy severely injured ,it was one less vampire that she had to deal with. She coached her features into an expression of mild interest, crossed her arms over her chest, and gave a dismissive scoff.

"Brilliant deduction, Sherlock. Yes, we got into a bit of a scuffle. One that I was stupid enough to let him walk away from with all his appendages. He said something about going to run a few errands. As far as his phone is concerned, you'll have to ask him about it. I'm more or less a prison here". she said with disdain in her voice. Ileana then shoved her way past him and towards the refrigerator to eat whatever was contained therein. On the off chance that she did have to fight him, she needed to replenish her strength. With her back to him, Ashley still spoke.

"Look, it could be a hell of a lot worse, okay? And it kind of is. He's busting his ass to save your guys' relationship from a crazy whore of a kitsune, that probably has more STIs than brain cells". he said. Ileana heard his words, but just kept rummaging through the fridge, until she settled on a blood covered liver that was sitting in a Tupperware dish. Despite Ashley's words, she still listened out for any noises that could be coming from the utility closet. When no sound came, she took a bite out of the organ and spoke to Ashley, still chewing the meat.

"Sounds like a personal problem. He'd better wear protection, before he catches something". she said, still dismissive and uncaring. Ashley now narrowed his eyes at her, slowly growing irritated.

"Didn't you hear me the first time? This is your problem too. She knows about you now. And there's no telling what she's going to do to get back at you. She thinks you're the reason that Andy is done with her shit; and she's more or less right." he said. This now caught her attention and Ileana put the dish down, and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Okay, let me see if I understand this correctly. I not only have to watch my ass for that dipshit you call your best friend, but his side bitch too? And all because he couldn't keep it in his pants?! Oh, I sincerely hope you're joking right now." she said, becoming more irritated. When she heard it from Andy, she only assumed that he was bullshitting, but if his best friend was able to confirm it too, then things were starting to look even bleaker than they did before. Ashley exhaled a sigh of agitation and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I wish I was, but this chick is hell bent on getting some kind of revenge. Hence why you're here now where Andy can keep you safe, and not out in the open where she can do God knows what to you, and use that against him. I don't know else you want us to explain it". he said, growing more frustrated. Before Ileana could say anything else, a loud banging sound came from the utility closet. As though something, or rather someone was kicking the washing machine. At the same time, Ileana's phone that she had stuffed inside her shirt vibrated, indicating that she had a text message. And it didn't take much for her to guess who the text was from. For Adam to text her now of all times meant that he was starting to lose control of Andy. Which meant that Ashley needed to leave now, or run the risk of ending up like his friend. The aforementioned vampire looked all around the place and before he could grow suspicious, Ileana was quick to come up with an excuse.

"Relax. I'm just doing some laundry but that washing machine isn't exactly up to code. But that's more or less Andy's concern". she said, taking a tentative bite of the liver. Ashley stopped looking around and turned his attention back to his phone, trying to call Andy again. Despite the fact that she had Andy's phone in her possession, Ileana couldn't help but worry. If he stayed any longer, he's end up just like his best friend. Suddenly, another crashing sound emitted from the utility closet, causing Ileana to tense up, and place the liver down.

"Look, I already told you, his phone is out of commission. You might as well just shoot him a text or something and wait it out". she said, trying her hardest not to sound as though she was trying to get rid of him. Which was more, or less, the case. Ashley somehow caught onto this when he glanced back up at her with slight skepticism in his eyes and after a tense few minutes, typed put something that Ileana couldn't see, and put his phone back in his jacket pocket.

"Well. do at least mind if I use the bathroom while I'm here?" he asked. Ileana wanted to say no. Every cell in her brain was formulating an excuse as to why he couldn't stay for a minute longer, the jaws of her mouth wanted curse at him for overstaying his intrusion, but in spite of it all, in spite of the agonizing truth that lay just beyond the utility closet, the female ghoul let him stay.

"Yeah, whatever". she said in a tone that she hoped sounded nonchalant. With that, Ashley made for the bathroom, giving a brief glance at the door to the utility closet. A glance that made Ileana's heart leap into her chest and flinch her sudden fear. But the vampire continued towards the bathroom, and closed the door in behind him. Knowing that he was still listening for her movements, Ileana used this as an opportunity to see the text from Adam.

He's really putting up a fight now. Don't know how much longer I can hold him! Given that it was quiet now, he must have found someway to subdue the other vampire. But knowing Andy, he was as crafty as he was a glutton. For whatever reason, Ileana took another bite of the liver before silently making her way towards the foreboding closet. With each step that she took, she made sure to make as little noise as was possible, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, and keeping an ear out for any floorboards that would creek under her footsteps. There was little to no noise coming from the bathroom, as though she and Ashley were now playing game of who will blink first, but using noise and stealth. When Ileana finally reached the closet, she opened it with as little silence as when she tiptoed towards it. What she saw next had her heart sinking into her lower stomach.