Chapter 8

Disclaimer: Because I am back in college at the moment, chapters will be coming out pretty inconsistently so please be patient with me as I update chapters. In other news, I do not own any of the characters in this chapter except for Ileana and Adam.

The key was already in the lock so Ileana merely turned it and removed the padlock that was set in place, placing it in her pocket along with the key. When she opened the door, it revealed another white walled bedroom that had a thick plastic covering on the floor hung up on the walls. The closet in one corner was closed but contained an extra supply of plastic coverings. The only window in the room was blacked out with tape incase anyone from the neighboring building decided to be nosy.

Ileana dragged the body to the center of the room as Adam managed to close the door, despite the knives in his hands. He then came over to where his sister kneeled on the floor and placed a few of the knives near her. Ileana uses one of the knives to cut the man's clothes off until his body was completely bare save for his tattered boxers. Adam proceeded to take one of the larger kitchen knives and cut a V shaped line down the man's chest all the way to his sternum. Fresh blood flowed from the wound like a small lake of crimson, effectively staining the thick plastic covering on the ground. Ileana used this opportunity to use her bare hands to pry the V shaped cut wide open, exposing any and all organs to the ghoul siblings.

She then reached her hand in grabbing hold of a lung, and with a knife now in her hand, cut it out, causing more blood to spurt and pour out profusely, now making a waterfall of crimson essence. Ileana wasted no time in taking a bite out of the warm meat in her hand. Adam followed her lead and reached for the other lung effectively cutting it out and eating it in a similar fashion. The two of them continued slicing away at the body, biting off bits of skin and cutting out organs to eat and until all that remained of the man was his disembodied head. The floor of the room was now a vivid sea of red that would have made Andy salivate, especially if it was another two inches deeper. Ileana immediately shook that thought of her head and sat with her back pressed against the wall of the room. Adam had finished eating before her and left to go get glasses of water for the both of them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Andy said that he had refreshments taken care of, he had delivered well. As John made his way to the very last room down the long hallway of the derelict building, he was pleasantly introduced to the sight of Andy sitting on a long couch with his legs up on a beat up coffee table. On either side of him were sitting two girls who had their heads slumped in such a way that they looked to be asleep. They were all dressed in pants suits and heels and their purses had been thoroughly rummaged through for money, given the fact that they were splayed out on the floor with wallets void of money and credit cards.

It was too close of a hit on Andy's part, but the women were already drunk to begin with, when they exited the bar for the night. Ordinarily, Andy would have chosen human women with looser morals, but they only took one look at him and swarmed him like moths to a flame. So Andy stayed with them under the false pretense that he would make sure they that they sobered up enough to drive. When he started talking about his career as singer in a band he had them hook, line, and sinker. By the time he got around to snapping their necks, no one came looking for them. It was painfully easy to get their bodies back to the derelict apartment and have them ready for when John arrived. Andy looked at the fellow vampire with a wicked glint in his eyes and a smirk on his face as he gestured to the bodies about the room. John didn't hesitate to shrug his jacket off and close the door in behind him.

Adam reentered the room with two tall glasses of water in hand, being mindful of the bloody slip n slide that the floor had become. He sat down next to his sister with a resounding thud of his back against the wall as he passed a glass over to Ileana. She took it with careful hands, as she was still sitting on the ground and took a tentative sip of the cold liquid. Adam did the same thing, but noticed the faraway look in his sister's eyes. As if she was contemplating something beyond what could be solved by any form of conversation or verbal reassurance. He took another sip of his glass and nudged her in the arm with his free hand.