Chapter 11

Disclaimer: Happy Halloween all! As a treat, here's a new chapter. As with previous chapters, none of the characters in this story belong to me, but to themselves. The only characters I own are Adam, Ileana, and Cara.

Two weeks later found Ileana curled up on Adam's couch, eating a bowl of liver and lung soup. And in that time, Adam taught Ileana how to drive so that she could borrow his car if need be, put in his two week notice for work, being extra careful to avoid John, and stalked up on extra bodies so that the two of them wouldn't have to leave his place unless it was absolutely necessary. Said brother was in the kitchen pouring himself a bowl of the same substance. Their dinner tonight was courtesy of a drug pusher who decided to set up shop near Adam's building, and on at least two instances hit on Ileana. Thankfully, he didn't have a lot of customers to miss him when he disappeared. Right into Adam's prep room. When he came to sit down next to his sister he was in all around good mood. But Ileana was slightly worse for wear.

"I don't know how much longer I can take off from work". She said worriedly.

"Well that's why we've been practicing your driving. So that you can take my car as opposed to getting on public transportation and have your scent all over the place". He explained. But Ileana could only shrug her shoulders and take another sip of her soup.

"Maybe. But I do need to go back in sooner rather than later. The day after tomorrow, if possible". To this, Adam nodded his head and leaned back on the couch with his food.

"Speaking of work, have you seen John around lately?" Asked Ileana. After taking another sip of his soup and wiping a small dollop of blood off of his chin, Adam exhaled and responded.

"No thankfully. I probably looked suspicious ducking corners and looking over my shoulder every second; not to mention putting leftover sushi in my pockets to mask my own scent. But all in all I managed to avoid him". Ileana looked at her brother as if he'd grown a second head.

"How old was the sushi, do you think?" She asked half joking and half serious. Adam shook his head as if shaking away a bad memory but Ileana knew that it was probably just cringe worthy.

"A week, at least. But by the end of the day, the guys were all calling me "musty dude" behind my back. As if I wouldn't hear it. When I was walking to the office to clock out for the day, a bunch of ghouls standing in line for the soda machine sniffed the air one time before they looked in my direction and started laughing and making faces. Then they started to fake making a run for it, like the black plague was coming for them. I'm actually surprised John didn't pick up on it. Word travels pretty fast in that place". He explained.

"It's probably for the best though. But if I have your car, how are you going to get to work?" Asked Ileana.

"The same way you've been getting to work. Public transportation. And this may be a good way to see around the city and see if there were some vampiric stalkers that you may have overlooked". He explained. Ileana merely nodded her head and went back to her soup.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not only were Jake and his friends super cool, but they were also fast workers. They managed to secure a one story warehouse that's about the same square size a department store. With Andy and Ashley's help, they all cleaned it up and turned it into an passable haunted house. Ricky even went out of his way to gather a few humans off of the street and convince them to come and test run the haunted house. Unaware of the fact that they would become part of it. Andy and Ashely hid behind the black drapes that were hung up near the entrance. The two vampires were two feet behind them, but they couldn't hear the footsteps above the music that played through the speakers that came with the building.