Chapter 14

Disclaimer: Happy New Year!! The following is a fan based work of fiction. All characters in this story with the exceptions of Ileana and Adam, do not belong to me. If you like what you're reading, be sure to drop a vote or comment. Good or bad, wretched and divine.

In the previous chapter: Without another moment's hesitation, Andy sunk his fangs deep into the soft white flesh and was introduced to the tangy, but sweet taste of ghoul blood on his tongue. It filled up his mouth and slid down his throat with the same taste and warmth as alcoholic apple cider. In the back of his mind, he could hear her screams as he continued to bite and drink her blood.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now: But what definitely caught Andy off guard was the sound and sight of the other ghoul yelling for his sister and charging at him and punching the vampire square in the face.

"You piece of shit! Get your hands off her!" yelled Adam with the same dark eyes and glasgow line as his sister. From his place on the ground, Andy could see Ashley in the same position as him clutching his stomach; to which Andy came to the conclusion that Adam must have recovered from his unconscious after hearing his sister's distress and gave Ashley a sharp elbow to the gut. Before he realized it, Andy now found himself being picked up by his jacket lapels and facing the young ghoul as he moved his arm to punch the vampire again. But Andy moved faster and moved out of the way of the incoming fist, ducking for the ground as Adam shattered the wall with a loud thud. Adam saw this, but instead of going for the vampire again, he used this opportunity to go for his still bleeding sister and take her under his shoulder.

He now stood before the two vampires feeling a bit more confident due to the previous punch and the retrieval of Ileana. Now all that was left was to find the exit.

"How do we get out of here? Where is the exit out of here?!" He screamed. Of the two vampires on the ground, Ashley was the first one to stand with caution and put his hands up in a show of surrender. But Andy stayed where he was and" moved slowly, knowing that Adam couldn't keep an eye out for all three of them. Ashley saw this and went with the flow.

"Look, dude just calm down okay?" But Adam wouldn't hear it.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down! Not after what you did to us!!" He yelled. Adam now looked at Andy out of his peripheral vision, causing the vampire to freeze in his tracks and raise his hands in a similar gesture to Ashley's.

"And what about you?! Are you the host of this fucking party?! Ileana told me that you were trying to get her back. Was this how you planned to go about it?! Was it?" He shouted keeping a tight hold on his sister. An action that troubled Andy since his new plan involved Adam to losing his hold on her and kissing the pavement like he'd done to Andy. He could only hope that at least one of the guys would do something to ease the situation; even with Ashley's help. So for the time being, small talk was the only way to stall the situation.

"Okay. Fine, you want the truth? Yeah. I helped set this up to see your sister again but I definitely didn't expect this". He said. To Adam, this only made him madder.

"Expect what, that I would be here to kick your punk ass for trying to kidnap her?! She already told me that she broke things off between you and her, but you're still hanging around like a fucking phantom! Why can't you just accept what she wants??! Why can't you just stay the hell away from he-"

Adam's words came to an abrupt end when the back of his neck, and the top of his spinal column were struck by a long knife that would have severed his head from behind. The young ghoul now stood frozen in a tailspin of pain and fear at his current predicament. If he let go his sister in favor of removing the blade, Ileana would be as good as taken. But if he stood still and did nothing, it would put them both in even greater danger. All he could was collapse to his knees and bring a barely conscious Ileana down with him. While Adam was unable to turn his head around to see his attacker, Andy and Ashley could clearly make out the image of Chris holding the knife with Ricky standing close by him. More than likely, the rest of the guys were somewhere behind the two of them. Knowing that he had Adam in a vulnerable position, Chris turned his gaze to the two vampires.

"You guys okay?" Can either of you stand?" He asked cautiously. To which, Ashley attempted to stand up using the wall behind him for support. His legs were still shaking, but he managed to cross over to where Andy was and help him stand to his feet as well.

"Andy, you okay?" he asked. In response, he spit up a small wad of blood and saliva and rose to his full height while Ashley supported his weight.

"More or less. This whole thing is kind of familiar. Just help me with the two of them." He said motioning to the two ghouls. To which Chris went ahead and forcibly removed his knife from Adam's body, taking note of how quickly the young ghoul fell to the ground, despite trying to hold himself upward. But still kept his guard up as Ashley moved towards Ileana and began to gather her in his arms, being mindful of the blood that still poured from Andy's bite. Even in her half conscious state, she still tried to push away from the vampire as he handed her over to Andy. Said vampire held her in a vice grip and took another sip of her blood before her body went limp from the pain and exhaustion. Andy now changed his embrace to be that of a lover's as he stroked strands of loose hair out of her face and breathed in her scent.

Even after all this time, she was still as gorgeous as the day that they met and her personality was still as fiery as ever. Something that he was bound to get a taste of when she woke up. But for the time being he needed to worry about getting her out of the building and somewhere safe. Preferably his place. So Andy turned back to the rest of the guys giving only a brief glance at Adam.

"Okay. She's out cold. Can you guys take care of him? I'm going to take her out to the car". He asked. Ashley and Chris nodded in agreement and moved to grab his body; with Chris taking the body over his shoulder, being the tallest one of the group.

"Where do want us to dump him off?" Asked Chris.

"I'll text you his exact address. You can drop him off there. He probably has a key on him to get inside. Thanks a lot guys". Explained Andy. Chris merely nodded his head and went to take Adam out to his car, with Ashley preparing to follow you until he stopped in his tracks and turned back to Andy.

"So you've got your lady back. How do you feel?" He asked. To which, Andy looked up at him with a small grin on his face that was brighter than the dim lights in the space.

"Like a true homecoming King". He said happily. He then picked up Ileana bridal style and began to carry her out to his car to take her back to his place.