"I could go undercover," Daniel spoke up. All eyes turned to him. His tone had been confident if not quiet. The statement was on its own bold. Daniel was nothing more than an engineer, a scientist and weapons specialist. But, like all S.H.I.E.L.D. specialists, he earned the necessary combative training. And, who knew, scientists seemed to surprise everyone with their skills.

------------------------------

"You don't have to do this."

Jessica and Daniel were making their way to the Avengers Tower, the Maximoff twins at their sides and in on the plan. Dan had been dressed as a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer, though it's not like the uniform was any good. He showed no amount of nervousness but Jessie knew he was on the inside. She, herself, felt her stomach continuously drop at the memory of the video. Seeing James in such a state her.

"You can back out now, spare yourself," Jessica continued.

"I want to help," Daniel responded. "Besides, like you said, Strucker never said to come alone."

"Will anyone recognize you?"

"I highly doubt it."

As the small group neared the tower a group of Hydra soldiers met with them, the few carrying rifles kept them ready. Jessica felt herself remain unmoved, that is until she laid eyes on one Brock Rumlow. From the corner of her eye she noticed Dan tense up, but he as well continued to show that he was unmoved by the men. Wanda and Pietro remained behind the two SHIELD members, both watching cautiously.

"Nice to see the mice have left their hideaway," Rumlow said cunningly.

"You still haven't changed," Jessie responded, a small sneer visible. "I brought the twins now let me see Strucker."

"Ah, but it isn't that easy, Patriot. You see, I can't let you actually meet with him."

"What?"

"Safety precautions and all."

Jessie took a step forward, ignoring the soldier who raised his rifle. "Strucker said-"

"I know what he said."

"Where is Bucky? At least take me to him, it was a part of the deal."

A smirk appeared on Rumlow's face before held turned to two of the men, ordering for them to take the Twins. Jessie and Dan watched as the Maximoff's stepped forward to follow the soldiers, both Twins looking worried but determined with the plan they had. The remaining soldiers led Jessie and Dan behind Rumlow and the Twins.

It wasn't long before the sound of explosions caused the group to stop before, suddenly, one happened in the vicinity of the group. A few of the Hydra soldiers were hit, flying back from the blast. Almost in an instant, the four who had come did what they could to fight the soldiers. Jessica's interest, however, was Rumlow who had been one of the last ones standing. As the Twins and Daniel took out the remaining men, Jessie and Rumlow took up arms against one another.

The woman braced herself for an attack, but it never came. Confused, she looked to Rumlow who had been struggling as he was held back by a red aura. Wanda had been concentrating her best on keeping the man restrained.

"You might as well kill me now, Evans."

"And why should I?"

A villainous smile formed on Rumlow's face. "Because I can no longer help you." He raised his hand slightly, a trigger button hidden under his thumb. "But I guess we might as well go down together."

Jessica's eyes widened. She quickly tried to move back as Rumlow pressed the red button. A set of explosives that had been under his vest went off. Wanda, still concentrating her power on him, quickly encased the explosion around the man protecting Jessie who was still too close. In a swift movement, the female Maximoff forced the Hydra operative and enclosed explosion off into a building, the total destructive blast destroying the surrounding area.

Jessie turned to the young woman who appeared to be a bit distressed by her actions. Yet, she knew it was the right thing to do. Wanda looked up at Jessica as she stopped by her side, a hand being placed upon the young woman's shoulder as a silent 'thank you'.

"Evans," Clint Barton's voice sounded through her earpiece. "You should get going."

Dan and Pietro moved over to the two women. The former spoke, "Let's go find Barnes," before they continued their little adventure into the once renowned Avengers Tower.

A/n:  I am so sorry for keeping you all waiting. I've been very busy with school (going to be graduating soon) and I've also had a lack of motivation/writer's block.

I do hate to say it but I will be ending the story soon - hopefully on a good note.