Twelve

Jimin-
Yoongi holds me. He just holds me. He lets me cry into his dark gray shirt, probably leaving behind a full spot of dampness. His arms hold me around my waist. His big hands rub my back. They're warmer than what they used to be.
I finally calm down a little. I look at Yoongi. My face is hot with embarrassment. "I'm sorry," I mumble.
"For what, babe?" Yoongi asks. His deep voice is the same. Maybe slightly lifeless. It's different than what he talks to Hoseok or Jihoon.
"For crying on you," I say. I wipe my nose with my hand and try to pull away.
He pulls me into a hug. "That's why I'm here. For crying and comfort. I can't stand to hear you cry, Jimin," Yoongi says. "I hear it all the time. I couldn't stand it this time."
"Y-you hear me crying?"
He nods. "Thin walls." He picks me up easily and carried me to the couch. He lays down with me on top of him. "You wanna Talk about it?"
I shrug. "It's really stupid."
"It's okay. I cried because Holly ate a whole jar of jelly. I thought he was going to die, and if have to spend money just to get another jar of jelly," he says. I giggle slightly. "Yah, this is true pain." He says while laughing.
We stop laughing after a while. I lay my head on his chest. "Jihoon told me how kids tell him it's weird to only have a dad. A gay one at that. He started telling me how he wants a mom and a dad like everyone else. He doesn't want to be different. It hurts to think I'm not enough for him."
Yoongi rubs my back. "Baby, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's too young to know."
"Maybe he does. What if he turns out to be homophobic? What will I do? He'll hate me. I could never date," I say. "Is it something the school is teaching?"
"If you're worried about school, home school him," Yoongi says.
"I don't have time. Plus I want him to socialize and make friends. It's a miracle he plays with Minho," I say.
"Namjoon home schools his kids. I'm sure he'd love to teach Jihoon," he says. "I can ask if you're too uncomfortable for that."
I smile. "Thank you so much. I owe you." I hug his waist.
"Owe me?"
My heart drops. I know what he's thinking. "Yeah."
"A-will you give me a second chance?"
I sigh and sit up, which wasn't a good idea, considering I'm now sitting on his lap. He stares up at me with quiet eyes. I can't read his emotions like I used to. "I don't know Yoongi. I went though a lot after the break up. Plus, we only met again a few weeks ago. Do you think we really should jump back into it?"
He takes one of my hands into his. "Jimin, there's not a day that goes by when I regret what I did to you. I miss you every second. You left and took half of me with you. I love you and will always. If you want to wait longer, I can wait. If you want to continue where we left off, I'm more than fine. I just want you. And I'll take whatever comes with that. I'm sure you would love help with Jihoon. I'd be the best stepdad ever," he says.
I smile slightly. My heart pounds with guilt. I have to tell him sometime. I want him to be there. I want him to watch his son grow up. I want him. I don't know what's changed in me, but I want this. "I-I think we should start out slow," I say. "Slower than the first time. I think this will be hard to explain to Jihoon, and everyone else."
"Let's wait a while until we tell them. We can do small dates. I'll treat you better than ever," he promises.
I smile.
"Daddy!" A crying voice calls.
I quickly get off of Yoongi and run to my bedroom. "Baby, are you okay?"
"I had a bed dream," he cries.
Yoongi walks into the room. He kneels next to him. "A bed dream?" Jihoon nods. "Well, you want to know how to get rid of bad dreams?"
Jihoon's eyes lighten. "How?"
"Well, he can't stop all bad dreams, but we can stop the one you were having," Yoongi says. "Tell me what it was about."
Jihoon tells him the story of how Kiki and he went on an adventure. They both died, then the devil ripped off Kiki's head. He was lock up in prison with fire dogs. "They were nice, but it hurt to pet them. The end. I woke up."
Yoongi pretends to think. "Well, I think I know how to stop it." He stands up and grabs Kiki. "Hold Kiki tightly, and hold him while you sleep. You have to give him all the love you can do he has enough power to protect you," he instructs. "Easy right?"
"All of it? Whatta bout the love to Minho and daddy?" Jihoon asks. He yawns.
"Well, you can leave a little for them. That way they can protect you too." Yoongi gives Kiki to our son. He hugs him tightly and lays down. Yoongi pulls the blanket over Jihoon and ticks him in. "Goodnight."
"Night night," Jihoon mumbles.
Yoongi stands up. "I'm going to go so you can sleep."
"Bye," I whisper. He waves before leaving. I change into pjs and climb in next to Jihoon.