"I wanted you to be the first to know. I knew Rose would need time to put a plan together." She nodded obviously the wheels in her head were turning at supersonic speed.

"There has to be more to this then just a bunch of demon bikers. I know the Cullen's and wolves haven't dealt with demons save for the few they met in the Underworld on the other side. But we have and there's always something extra. Demons aren't stupid so there's something up their sleeves. They surely don't want to cause the world to know about them. They would end up losing; granted eventually plus we don't know how many of them there are. Scott can you find out? I'm guessing you're on the case huh, Mulder?" Rogue said with a small smile.

"How'd ya guess?" Scott replied sarcastically.

"Well you are the best they got and if they ask, you can say you're using me as a consultant. I, as they know, am the Queen of weird so I'll be your Scully." She said with a smile.

"And here I thought I was the pro on weird. But I've never seen demons before." Bella mumbled and got a hug from Edward. Seth who was quietly listening up to this point raised his hand and asked:

"Um...guys....who's Mulder and Scully?" He got a lot of eye rolling for that one.

"Who's Mulder and Scully? You've never watched The X-Files?" Rosalie asked exasperated. Seth shook his head.

"He would have been too young, Rose. Leave him be. It was a show in the 90s about two FBI agents investigating the paranormal; mostly aliens. I have the whole show on DVDs; I'll give them to you, ok? " Jasper spoke up surprising everyone as Seth nodded with a smile.

"Cool, thanks dude."

          At that point, Esme got up from the couch and walked over to her purse and took out the business card from the guy who liked her work who stopped by earlier that day to talk to her about publishing a crocheting book. She had decided to call him and tell him that she had decided on doing it. We all supported her. With all this end of the world talk it wouldn't hurt to do something a bit more positive and life-worthy for lack of a better term. Just as that last thought entered my brain, the ground started to shake again. Another earthquake? Rogue nodded and rolled her eyes. Apocalypse Now much? This was getting a little eerie. If the quakes were due to regular plate tectonics, why was NH experiencing so many tremors and though I didn't know much about earthquakes or natural disasters—that was Rogue and Esme's department—I could feel they were very slowly increasing in veracity. And what the hell did that mean?

          After the earth stopped shaking, Esme called the guy from the publishing company. His secretary answered:

"O'Leary's Publishing Company, this is Kendall, how may I direct your call?"

"Yes hello, my name is Esme Cullen and I would like to speak to Mr. O'Leary please." Esme said softly.

"Is Mr. O'Leary expecting your call?"

"Well no but he did give me his business card earlier today with an offer so I would really appreciate speaking with him."

"Oh of course, one moment please." And Esme was put on hold. It was less than 2 minutes later that we all heard Mr. O'Leary's voice answer.

"Mrs. Cullen? It is so nice to hear from you. I must admit, I didn't expect to hear from you so soon. Not to say I'm not pleased of course." Smooth operator.

"Yes Mr. O'Leary, I didn't think I was going to do it so fast but then I spoke with my husband and the rest of my family and they all highly encouraged me to do it now as opposed to later. I mean why wait right?" Esme finished with a little laugh.

"Of course, of course....life is too short to put things off, I always say. Especially with that little tremor we just felt. Did you feel it too?"

"Yes we all did. Those are getting a little disquieting."

"Well you shouldn't worry yourself over something so small. After all everything happens for a reason and these plates or whatever move for a reason....to keep the world spinning and what not." Mr. O'Leary said.

"Why yes of course, I suppose so." Esme said slightly taken aback.

"I'm sorry....didn't mean to get all philosophical on you Mrs. Cullen. Last book we published here was full of those things; I had to reread it a few times so I guess some of it got stuck in my head." He said sounding embarrassed.

"I understand. Well how does this work now? Do I come and meet you or do I put material together first?" Esme asked uncertainly.

"Well if you give me your email address, I'll send you a template of our basic book publishing and you can just follow that. Afterwards, you can send it back to me and than we can set up an appointment to meet in my office. How does that sound?"

"Sounds perfect. Any particular deadline for this?"

"No need to rush; if you can get it back to me in the next few weeks or so, I'd really appreciate it."

"Alright, that works for me as well."

          After giving her email address to Mr. O'Leary and exchanging farewell pleasantries, they hung up. We all smiled; looked like my Esme was going to be very busy for the next few weeks. That's good as it should keep her focus off this weirdo demon situation. Meanwhile, a knock on the door startled us out of our thought process. Bella went to answer it and came back smiling with the mail. She waved an envelope at all of us; before we could ask her what it was:

"Guess who's getting married in two weeks?" She said looking at Seth, Nessie, and Leah with a huge smile.

        They jumped up and went to look at the pretty invitation. We all smiled as the invitation was passed around as everyone ooh'd and ahh'd. Just what we needed, a happy day to celebrate the union of Charlie and Sue; Bella, Nessie, Leah, and Seth spoke excitedly about the upcoming nuptials.

        If only we knew the absolute topsy-turvy rollercoaster of absolute insanity we were about to get thrust into; before we were plummeted into total darkness that revealed horror beyond our wildest imaginations as well as answered quite a few questions from the last year we would have been a lot happier for that bit of sunshine.

~Carlisle Cullen