16 - i'll be with you soon

Jennie and Lisa had just finished their ice cream.

They were now sitting in Jennie's silver car, that was still parked.

"School's over, I can drop you home if you want." Jennie said, "I still remember where your house is."

Lisa shivered at those words.

Jennie doesn't know where Lisa lives now. She doesn't know who she lives with now. She doesn't know about the death of Lisa's mother.

Lisa swallowed the lump in her throat, "I uh— it's okay, you can drop me at school." She said. "Namjoon's my ride today." She lied.

"Oh, okay." Jennie said, starting the car.

"Sorry.." Lisa mumbled.

"No sweat." Jennie said, "It's fine, really."

The car ride was quiet. So Jennie turned on the radio.

"I found a love, for me."

The song played.

"Darling just dive right in." Lisa sang quietly, "and follow my lead."

The song proceeded for the next few minutes, Lisa singing every word here and there, and Jennie listening contently.

"You have a nice voice." Jennie said after the song ended.

"Thanks." Lisa mumbled, "Catchy song."

-

Jennie had just dropped Lisa off at school for "Namjoon" to give her a ride home.

Lisa went home to the restaurant on the other side of town as usual.

But Jennie had other plans in mind.

She drove two hours out of town to the middle of no where and now found herself in a juvenile detention hall meeting with someone.

"She's talking to me again." Jennie said with a smile.

Yoongi smiled back at her. The boy that once had dark brown hair now had a silver gray hair color.

"Did she get my letter?" Yoongi asked.

He wore an orange suit.

"Yes, what the hell did you put in that thing?" Jennie asked.

"I apologized." He shrugged off.

They were sitting on chairs surrounding a small round table.

"Apologized?" She asked.

"Yup." He said popping the 'p', "It's hard to blame her for everything that happened, no one had the decency to tell her anything."

"I—" Jennie started.

"I know." He said, "It's not your fault, Jennie. What choice did you have either? Other than.."

"Telling her." She finished his sentence, "I should've told her and worked it out but I didn't."

"You sucked at communication." Yoongi said.

"I did." She replied, "But.. it's different now.. I think it is but— okay enough about me, how are you? how are you holding up here?"

Yoongi sighed and leaned forward.

"When I first got here, some guys kept asking for my name. They started talking shit, calling me names and stuff, so I told them I had a name for a reason, but that's hypocritical because I wouldn't even tell them my name." Yoongi said, "But there was this guy, names J-Hope."