15 - broken memories

Trigger Warning

9 months ago

"We need to break up, Taehyung." Jennie said.

"Why?.." He asked.

"I don't want to lie to you Taehyung, I really don't. I don't want to hurt you either but which ever choice I make hurts you anyways.." Jennie said.

"Why Jennie? Why are you ending this?" Taehyung asked.

"I love someone else. I'm in love with her actually, and I can't love her and be with you, I'm sorry." Jennie said.

Taehyung stood frozen. "It's Lisa, isn't it?" He asked.

"yeah.. it is.." Jennie said, a small smile made its way across her face at the mention of Lisa's name, "I love you Taehyung.. but I'm in love with her."

"No." He said.

"No?" She asked, "What do you mean, no?"

"I'm not loosing you to some lesbian freak!" He exclaimed.

Jennie looked at him, not even believing what he said.

"You need to get over yourself." Jennie scoffed.

"Didn't you say you love me, Jennie?" Taehyung asked, "Now all of a sudden that's not true!"

"Your making false assumptions!" She yelled, "I do love you, Taehyung! But this, us, this being together thing, was a mistake."

"A mistake?!" He yelled back.

"Yes! It was a huge mistake!"

Both of them took a few breaths, calming down.

"I'm not loosing you, Jennie." Taehyung said before he slapped her across the face.

She held her face in pain.

"What the hell?!" She yelled, "What was that for?!"

"We're staying together." Taehyung stated, "I'm dating one of the hottest girls in the school and I'm not going to loose her to some lesbian. Do you know how embarrassing that would be for me, Jennie. It's like you're trying to create a bad reputation for me."

-

From that day Taehyung would be little her. He would make her feel smaller. After more hits she wouldn't reply in an angered tone. She'd just go with it.

She tried to forget her feelings for Lisa. Of course, they were always there. They were just tucked away in a small corner in the back of her mind that said 'do not open'.

Taehyung would threaten her more often. Whether it be physically, emotionally, or about Lisa's secret. 'Lisa the lesbian' he would say. Jennie would scold him for it every time until one day she was just to numb, to hurt, to broken. Jennie began to think he was mentally ill.

Jennie drifted away from Lisa, 'for Lisa's protection' she would tell herself, 'I'm doing the right thing' she would tell herself.

But to Lisa, Jennie was choosing her boyfriend over her, she was leaving

This resulted in a big argument the following week after Taehyung and Jennie's argument.

"Why won't you talk to me?" Lisa asked.

"Fuck off Lisa." Jennie said. She'd just been punched in the stomach by her jackass boyfriend, she wasn't in the mood for Lisa's questions.

"No." Lisa said, "A while ago it was 'I'd go to prom with you, Lisa.' And now you won't even look me in the eye."

"I said, fuck off." Jennie said.

"Jennie, please." Lisa begged, "Talk to me, I'm supposed to be your friend."

"What don't you understand about the words, fuck off!" Jennie snapped.

Lisa took a step back and nodded, tears forming in her eyes. She understood now, at least she thought she did. Jennie wanted her to fuck off, so she did.

She went home.

Jennie immediately felt bad afterwards. She tried calling and texting the other girl.

No reply.

So she tried speaking to her the next day. And things worked out, she apologized and everything was okay.

Until the same thing happened again, and again, and again, and again.

Friendship, arguing, make up. Friendship, arguing, make up. again, again, again, again.

Until one day, Lisa wasn't the one begging.

She wasn't the one trying anymore.

She was the one saying 'fuck off'.

She was the one who went cold.

Maybe in a way they both did.

But nine months later the two find themselves in an ice cream shop after having ditched school, went to the park, and now, here, buying ice cream.

Maybe, they aren't as cold as they think, even with the ice cream.

-

"Chocolate." Lisa said with a smile.

"Cup or cone?" The lady asked.

"Cone."

The lady scooped up one scoop of chocolate into a small cone and handed it to her.

"Thank you." Lisa said.

"And you, Miss?" The lady asked Jennie.

"Cotton candy— and a cone." Jennie said.

She quickly scooped it up and handed it to her. Jennie insisted on paying for both of them so they now took a seat across from each other.

"It's one thirty." Lisa said, "They're almost done with school."

"Glad I'm not there." Jennie said licking her ice cream.

"Why not?" Lisa asked still eating her ice cream.

"Gets boring." Jennie shrugged.

"Understandable." Lisa replied.

-

A/N

We are over 1k reads on here and I just want to say,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It makes me soft to know some people actually read what I write.

Some of the highlights of my day can be writing this. I plan to keep writing this specific story till my hands and my mind give out, but man I have so many ideas for this fic.

Once again, I hope you enjoyed

and thanks for reading <3

- jiminsxtitania