Finally, I turned my attention back to Leah who was nearly breathless.

"You okay?" I questioned her.

It took a minute to put two and two together. She was staring at Jacob who was a little further in front of Ryan.

"Leah," I whispered, leaning towards her.

She didn't move.

"Leah!" I called a little louder as her petite body jumped and slightly smacked against the booth, "Huh?"

"Stop staring at him," I silently growled, in a friendly best friend type of way.

"I'm not," she answers half assed, eyes soon trailing back to the dirty blonde hair boy, "I'm just observing."

Shaking my head, I glanced back to the trio behind me, expecting their backs to face us. But boy was I wrong.

All three of them had already turned back around, locking eyes with both of us whose heads were peeking up and from the side of the booths. I could feel my face heating up in pure embarrassment.

I pressed my lips in a thin line before pulling my body back against the seat, leaning against it with my eyes closed.

"Why am I embarrassed?" I groaned.

"Why are you?" the similar voice popped up again.

I huffed, opening one eye.

Before I was able to adjust my vision on Ryan, his body immediately crashes against mine, shoving me across the seat and against the wall. He chuckled and sat on the other half of the booth comfortably, even rested his arms on the table with his hands playing with a receipt paper.

Leah and I looked at each other in a confused manner.

He was so shy just a second ago.

But now his ego was as high as ever.

Jacob awkwardly sits next to a red-faced Leah.

"Hey!" I heard the customer complain, while Caleb casually pulls a chair from the stranger's table and gets it at the end of ours.

"That's mean Caleb," Ryan says loudly.

"What are you guys doing here?" I squinted at the trio without turning my head.

"Everyone comes here, darlin," Caleb answers.

I bit my bottom lip at his smart answer, "I mean at our table, you-"

"Ah bap bap," Ryan raises a finger at my lips, "Kind words, my little girl."

I rose an eyebrow, before grabbing his finger and tossing it back at his body.

"Hey, be nice," Caleb scolds, "We were going to invite you two to this party we got invited to. Since you never go." The brunette boy eyed me, as if we were close friends.

Leah immediately beams, "Where?"

Jacob looks at her and smiles softly, before looking over at Ryan.

"Some place across town. We found the invitation on Instagram," Ryan informs, pulling out his phone as he scrolls through the story feed, "It's free for girls, and guys are two dollars at door."

"Sounds like some frat party," I slightly felt anxious, "Not my scene."

"So your scene!" my dear, sweet, loving best friend screams.

Ignoring her, I turned my body slightly towards Ryan, "Why are you even inviting us? We aren't even that close of a-"

I felt something smack my thigh.

Almost immediately, I looked down at Ryan's hand. His hand was fisted with his index finger pointing in front of us. Then I looked back up at him, then at Jacob and Leah across the table, then it clicked. My lips formed a small o shape as I watched the two children awkwardly glance back at each other like they had a crush on one another.

Caleb and Ryan released a soft chuckle, as I just smiled at the idea.

"But still," I refused, "It sounds like a frat party, and it just sound really suspicious, we can't afford to get in trouble. We'll get kicked out of school. And-"

Then I felt Ryan grab my elbow again.

This time he pulled his body in closer, leaning in until his lips was close to my ear.

"Just do it for Leah," he whispers.

As he pulls away, he winks at me before putting the lollipop back in his mouth.

"It'll be fine," Caleb reassured, "Stop being so scared."

Ryan nodded.

"Okay, maybe," I agreed under pressure.

Then I looked back over at Jacob and Leah, who were glancing back and forth at each other, one by one.

A smile appeared on my lips watching them.

- - - 

what did you guys think about this so far?

x apricitys