I had missed the feeling of the  wind running through my fur as I ran. I had missed seeing the forest. I had missed my paws hitting the ground. I had missed running along side with my pack. I had missed everything about it.

And now, running with Matt beside me, I finally let my wolf lose, letting it be free and wild.

After we both had caught our breaths, Matt said to me, "Now what is it that you wanted to show me?"

I smiled at him.

"Come on," I said and started to walking.

The trees felt familiar to me. So did the forest. So did the scenery. The tree's leaves were turning red and orange, and leaves were falling off of trees, signaling, that it was becoming to be fall.

I looked up.

The trees in this forest were tall and thick. I wondered what it would be like to climb one of those. The really tall trees. I bet once I got up there, I wouldn't be able to climb down. I would probably like, fall down that as I climbed it. Image yourself or someone falling down that tree. That would be a longgggggg way down. Er . . . long fall down.

Matt groans and said, "Really? We have to do more work?"

I laughed and looked him over my shoulder and said, "Come on, lazy ass! Let's race there!"

Before Matt can say anything, I started to run again.

As I ran, in the corner of my eye, I could see the colors of the leaves passing by me, and Matt right behind me. I could hear our feet stepping on the leaves and twigs on the forest floor.

"Where the hell are we going?" Matt yells.

I looked over my shoulder and smiled. "Somewhere." I told him, and he groaned. I threw my head back, and laughed.

I looked back to where I was running to, and when I saw it, I smiled. It was nice to come back here again.

I started to slow down to a slow jog, and then stopped and tilted my head stared.

Matt walked over to stand next to me, and looked up and stared with me.

We were both looking at a tree house.

* * *

"Was this yours?" Matt asks me.

Matt and I had climbed the tree and went into the tree house and dangled our feet at the edge of the tree house.

I leaned over and grabbed an apple from the tree, and started to clean it with my shirt.

"No," I tell him, still cleaning the apple. "I was running in the forest one day, and I found this." I gesture to the tree house that we were sitting in.

"Ah," He says.

I had finish cleaning my apple and was about to take a bite in it, but Matt swiped it away from my grasp and I yelled, "Hey!" Surprised that he had taken it our of my hands.

I tried to reach for my apple back, but Matt held it up too high for me to get it, so I gave up.

I sighed and said, "Matt, give me my apple."

"No," He told me.

"Matt, give me the apple."

"No."

I groaned. "Matt, give me the fucking apple."

"No," He simply said, and then a wide smile came onto his face.