Just Give Me A Reason

Chapter Twenty: Just Give Me A Reason

Right from the start

You were a thief

You stole my heart

And I your willing victim

I let you see the parts of me

That weren't all that pretty

And with every touch you fixed them

Just give me a reason

Just a little bit's enough

Just a second we're not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again

It's in the stars

It's been written in the scars on our hearts

We're not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep . . .

I open my eyes and I could feel the white cotton blankets and sheets surrounding me. I knew I was in the hospital. I remember everything that had happen. Me, Sam, and the Alpha. Or I mean . .  was Alpha. He's dead. I think. I hope. But I feel pretty confident that he's dead because I used up all of the bullets in that pistol. Plus they were silver. Bonus!

I sit up, and look around. There were four people in the room I was in, but they weren't on the beds like me, they were sitting around me, or leaning against the wall. Inside the room with me was Rosalie, Winter, Beck, and

Matt.

Rosalie and Winter were in chairs near my bed, looking at me with a hard stare, hoping that it would get me to wake up. Beck and Matt were leaning against the wall behind them, but Beck was watching Rosalie, and Matt was looking at me with a pained look on his face. I could see the emotions flicker behind his eyes. 

I knew him too well.

"Guys?" I say at them. They didn't respond, just kept on looking at me.

What is going on? I'm awake aren't I? I'm alive aren't I? I survived didn't I? So what the hell is going on?

"Hello?" I say, and I wave my hand in front of their faces. "Um I'm alive," I gesture towards my body, "so what are you looking at? I'm right here."

They still didn't respond, and I look behind me and see my stilled body on the bed, eyes closed, breathing in equal breaths.

Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep

I wasn't . . . shocked for some reason. I was actually okay with it. I felt like I actually knew that this would happen. But for some reason, it just didn't feel right.

"Liana?" I hear a voice say, and I see Sam at the door way.

A smile lit my face instantly. "Sam!" I say, and then jumped out of the bed, and then rushed over towards him and threw my arms around him. I feel his arms go around me and I hear his chuckle. "I'm so glad you're alive!" I say with a smile on my face.