Better Off Dead (Part Two)

Chapter Nineteen: Better Off Dead 

Can't keep tape on my mouth,

I can't put locks on my door,

I can't just stay in this house,

I just can't do it anymore,

You've got this collar so tight,

Playin' tricks on my eyes,

It's like I'm swinging my fists,

When I'm not in a fight,

I don't care what people say,

I'm anything but crazy, crazy,

Talkin' to my shadow, only she knows I'm not crazy, crazy,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I screamed as the gun went off.

But it wasn't Sam's gun.

It was someone else's.

I saw as Sam's body hit the forest ground. I quickly ran over towards him, and then fell onto my knees next to him. "Sam? Sam? Sam! Sam!" I said, my voice getting higher and higher as I saw the blood pouring out even more out of his chest. The bullet must have been silver. Shit! This isn't good. This isn't good. No. No. No. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't supposed to happen!

I saw that Sam's eyes were flickering, his eye lids drooping. "No. No. No. Sam? Sam? Stay with me! I'm going to get you help, okay? You're going to live -- "

"I'd say he's better off dead, sweetie." A deep voice said, and had cut me off.

I froze. I knew that voice anywhere. That voice haunted me in my past. He ruined my life. He ruined everything for me.

"You." I spat out.

My hands clenched together, making a fist. I turned my head, so I was getting a side view of him. I saw a black gun he was pointing towards me, and I also saw that he was dressed up in a black suit with a red tie. Of course his tie has to be red, like blood, I thought to myself, and mentally rolled my eyes.

He didn't respond.

"It's nice to see you again, Lily." He said to me.

My jaw clenched.

"It's nice to see you again, too, Alpha Kingwood. Or should I say Ex-Alpha Kingwood?"

* * *

"It was you," I said, "this whole time it was you. You're the reason why Skylar and Sam died. You're the mastermind behind this."

James's dad clapped. "Very good," he said, and had this smirk on his face. God, I wanted to punch that smirk right off of his face. Now we know where James's gets his cocky attitude from. He starts to walk circles around me, just like he did with Skylar. "I was starting to think that you were pretty stupid, but I knew you were smart. I knew that somewhere in your pretty, little, head of yours, -- he poked my head, and I growled at him -- you'd put all of the pieces together."

I didn't say anything. All I could think was how was I going to escape with Sam lying half dead on the forest ground, and how I was going to kill James's dad?