The Only Exception

Chapter four: The Only Exception

And we've got to find other ways
to make it alone.
Or keep a straight face.
And I've always lived like this
keeping a comfortable distance.
And up until now I've sworn to myself
that I'm content with loneliness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on!" A voice yelled.

Foot stomping was echoing through the hallways.

Clank. Clank Clank.

Clank. Clank

I groaned and turned to face the wall and grabbed a pillow and put it over my head, trying to block out the sound.

"Come on, everybody!" The voice yelled again. "Get your lazy asses up!"

Clank. Clank Clank. Clank. Clank.

I give up! I can't take the nosies anymore!

I groaned and slowly got up from the bed and walked towards the door to see whatever the racket was.

I opened the door and poked my head out into the hallway, and saw the other girls standing outside of their bedroom doors and rubbing their eyes, awake from their sleep.

"Ugh, Beckkkkkkkk," I hear Rosalie say. "Why do we have to get up so early?"

I step out of my bedroom and everyone's eyes turn to me.

All the girls were standing outside in the middle of the hallway, huddled somewhat in a circle. The weird thing was, Beck was the only guy that was standing out there. Not any of the other boys. Why weren't they here? Is something wrong?

"Hello, Liana," Beck says and smile. Then I noticed something in his hands. I saw a metal frying pan, and a wooden spoon.

Why would Beck have a pan and a spoon -- ?

Oh my god, it makes so much more sense now.

"Hi," I say.

Rosalie turns her gaze back to Beck. "You know I need my beauty sleep." She tells him.

Arianna snorts and rolls her eyes "Yeah, sureeeee. You're already gorgeous enough as it is, Rose." Arianna tells her.

Rosalie rolls her eyes at Arianna's comment, and ignores Sara and Spencer's snickers.

"Look, whatever," Rosalie says with a wave of her hand, "why the hell do you need to be awake so early?"

"Because we're going for a run." A deep voice behind me says, and I almost jump at the sound of it.

"Ohhh, a run! Fun!" Arianna says, and jumps up and down and claps her hands.

Matt turns his head. "Winter, do you want to come?" He asks her.

I turn my head towards Winter. She hadn't said a word since I came out into the hallway. Winter's that type of girl that doesn't say a word, but notices things.

"Sure," she says quietly.

"Cool," Matt replies, he then turns to Beck, "tell everyone else to get ready, we're going to go run."

Beck grins madly, and I can tell it has something to do with the pan and the spoon in his hand. Rosalie groans and says, "I swear, if I get bags, I'm blaming you guys!" and goes into her room and slams the door. Arianna pumps her fist into the air and says, "Yessssss!" Spencer and  Sara smiled at the same time at each other and they both run into their rooms, which are right across from each other.