Both of Us

Chapter nine: Both of Us

But if it's all for one, and one for all

Then maybe one day, we all can ball

Do it one time for the underdogs

Sincerely yours, from one of y'all

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one but both of us

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us

(the whole fucking song)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After last night, James decided to ignore me. Like every time we would cross paths, our eyes wouldn't meet and he'd avoid talking to me. It was like he did everything in his power to avoid me and not talk to me.

I was glad that he did. Avoid me, I mean.

I was deep in my thoughts, but a voice said, "Whatca thinking about?"

I spun around, expecting James, but it was Matt.

"Hey, Matt," I say and run a hand through my hair, and tugged on the tangles.

"Hey," He says.

He seems quiet today. Calm. Peaceful.

I don't blame him. Today seems like one of those days when you just want to be calm, relaxed and not bothered at all. Like a lazy day, but not being lazy. Do you get what I'm saying? If you don't, I'm sorry.

Matt shoves his hands into the front pockets of his jeans.

"So, you want to hang out today?" He asks me.

Come to think of it, we haven't really hanged out with each other since we got to California. In Italy we would never leave each other's side. We were by each other's side like 24/7. But here, in California, we didn't. Not once. I was probably too caught up in my revenge plan to even hang out with my mate. No wonder my wolf didn't talk to me at all. She felt guilty that she didn't hang out with her mate at all when we got here. I wouldn't blame her. I would've done the same thing, too.

"Sure," I said, and then an idea popped in my head.

"So where do you want to go --" I cut off Matt by grabbing his hand and running to the backyard.

Once we got to the backyard, and I let go of Matt's hand, he looked at me like I was crazy. And I probably looked like it, too. Well, only because I had this huge, stupid, grin on my face.

"Liana, what do you think you're doing?" Matt asks me, a little fear in his voice.

I laugh and say, "We're going to hang out, remember? I'm going to show you something."

"Okay," Matt says, taking a side-longs glance at me.

I laugh at him and change into my wolf form and run into the forest.

* * *

When we finally reached our destination, Matt and I were panting and I was grinning at him, and he gave me a mock angry look. He was kidding, of course.

We had run for almost a good forty-five minutes.

It's been a long time since we had ran. Even in Italy. We were so caught up in pack business and other things, that we didn't have any time to run with each other. Or with the pack. But anyways, it was good to run again.