Nothing Can Be More Sweeter

Chapter One: Jar of Hearts

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shit! Shit! Shit! I think as I sprint towards my firs period classroom. Which is, unfortunately, Social Studies. I absolutely hated that subject! It was like the worst class on earth. You want to know why? Oh, I'll tell you why. 1) Everyone in there hates me, and they're my worst enemies. 2) I hated Social Studies. Did I mention that already? I don't see why you have to learn History. It's pointless. I don't see myself in the future using history for my job, for Christ sakes!

The bell finally rung, and it felt like forever until it rang. I was looking at the clock every five minutes -- okay! Every five seconds! I admit, I wanted to get out of that classroom as fast as I can.

I grabbed my stuff and quickly tried to get out of the classroom before the others caught up with me.

Did you catch that? I said tried to get out. And guess what stopped me from my escape.

Yup. Those Bitches.

By "Those Bitches" I mean the whole fucking Pack.

Well, not the whole pack, but the teens, mostly.

"Hey, Lily," A voice huskily says behind me, "where do you think you're going?"

I don't turn around, 'cause I know who it is.

And I don't want to face them. I'd rather not.

"My next class," I say and roll my eyes. "What else?"

His hand was on my shoulder. And it was irritating me. Really fucking irritating me.

Fucking bastard. I think.

You want to know something about this guy? Or I mean this fucking bastard?

This fucking bastard's name is James. James Kingwood. He thinks he owns the world because his family is the richest family in the whole fucking state. Like, their house is like the fucking White House for God's sakes! They own the movie theater in town, the mall, the hotels, the library, you get the point. Yeah, they're that rich.   And not to mention that he's the Alpha-To-Be in the pack. 

I rolled my eyes at the thought.

I can't believe that he's the Alpha-To-Be. He's not even a good Alpha! He's like the worst Alpha in history! Don't get me started. But I want to point out something.

The Alpha-To-Be is my mate.

Yeah, you heard me.

My. Fucking. Mate.

Lucky me.

And guess what!

He rejected me.

Here's what happened.