What Doesn't Kill You

Chapter Six: What Doesn't Kill You

You think you got the best of me

Think you've had the last laugh

Bet you think that everything good is gone

Think you left me broken down

Think that I'd come running back

Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWO YEARS LATER

It's been two years since I ran away from home.

Now when I think about it, I'm glad that I ran away from home. It's nice being happy for a change. I couldn't believe that I was always miserable back then! Now, I'm happy, wild, and free! Fucking YOLO, Bitch!

A lot of things had changed or happened over the past two years.

I learned how to speak French, Russian, Spanish, Italian, and German. Yeah, I became multilingual. The pack even traveled to places. Like other countries and stuff. It was really nice and cool. Matt's and my relationship developed and then we learned that we were mates. I was so happy! I was finally getting my happy ending!

Oh, so let me fill you in.

Arianna and Sam had found out that they were mates two months ago.  Rosalie's mate is Beck, of course. Who couldn't have seen that coming? Apparently, they were mates already, they just didn't have the nerve to tell us. Sara and Spencer found their mates. Guess who they are. Yupp. That's right. Twins. Sara and Spencer are mated to identical twins from another pack. Their mates transferred into our pack, and so our pack grew a little bit bigger. Winter had found her mate. I really don't want to go there, but let me just say, he's a hybrid.

Oh! I forgot about Zach! Um . . . really, he doesn't have a mate . . . yet. But we still hope that he would find his. One day or another right?

I smiled. I was officially in the pack. Well, I already was when I had first came here two years ago. I didn't know it then, but now, when I think about it, I was. I really was.

It was nighttime and the moon was shining in the dark, black, midnight sky. It was quiet, and calm outside. No animals were making any noises, this night. It felt like every animal in the forest just went to sleep. Like they decided to go to sleep.

I was practicing my dance routine for our "monthly talents."  Every month we have one of a "monthly talents." Our "monthly talents" is like a talent show, basically. Everyone in the pack gets to show off what their talent is. Arianna's is painting; Winter is singing, and playing the piano; Rosalie is acting; Sam and Zach did some really cool stunts; Sara and Spencer do magic tricks; Matt just makes us food and passes it out to us; and I do my dance routines.