"Was it really that bad?"James asks cautiously, ignoring his girlfriends rambling.

"Definitely worse than usual." I confirm with a nod of my head.

I can see the guilt eating away his smile. "I'm sorry."

Oh, no. The last thing I need is this child regretting the fact he broke up with Avery.

Sage claps him on the back, "Don't sweat it man, pretty soon your ex- girlfriend's face will be in Walmarts all over the country."  That really does seem like the best form of revenge.

I laugh at the bewildered look on James face, "What?"

Before I can explain the doors on both sides of the hall open. Avery walks in from the front of the school, a cruel smile on her red lips. Ashton enters from the back doors, waving when he sees us.

We shift from side to side. This is definitely not going to end well. It's like waiting for a car crash to happen. My stomach knots up in anticipation while my hands sweat, this time I'm the victim.

I'm not really worried about Avery, more so what she could say to Ashton. I don't want him to think I'm some crazy lunatic. Nor do I need him thinking I have some school girl crush on him, because I don't.

Ashton reaches us first, not confused by the sight of two teenage girls freaking out. He smiles brightly, leaning against my now closed locker, "Hey guys."

I offer him a small hello without meeting his eyes. Avery speeds up her strut seeing how close we are.

I let out a groan as she finally reaches us. "Hi, AshyPoo!" She squeals before acknowledging us, "Freaks."

"Cousin." I offer.

"Ashley." Ashton greats.

"Bitch."

The last one comes from Sage and Stella, who give each other a not so subtle high five. Her sapphire eyes narrow at the sight.

"AshyPoo, I hear you have a girlfriend. Is that true?" Avery asks, resting a manicured hand on his shoulder. She sends me a pointed look.

Ashton brushes her hand off, "Is there a reason you're interested?"

Avery doesn't get discouraged by his blunt tone. A lock of golden hair is wraps around her finger as her eyes flutter uncomfortably fast. "I was just wondering, since you aren't off the market, if you would like to hang out sometime?"

She attempts to shift her voice from its original nasal sound to a much more deeper and sultry tone. She's trying to seduce him. Again.

I don't say anything, hoping to disappear between the lockers and Ashton. He glances between her and me, looking so appalled I almost want to laugh. Almost.

"Look, Ashley-." He starts.

"It's Avery." She interjects.

"Whatever, I have my sights pretty set on one girl only and she definitely isn't you. So please, kindly buzz off before we make a scene."

Avery notices all the eyes focused on our conversation, for once not wanting the attention. She glares at me before winking at Ashton and strutting away. "Call me." She calls over her shoulder.

Please take a hint.

We watch her go, a weight being lifted from my shoulders. Since she never specified that the girl was me then Ashton's story is completely comparable with my own.

James lets out a whistle, "What did I ever see in her?"

"Her boobs." Stella says, patting his arm before heading down the hall.