ELEVEN

Midnight Chat 010. 12:08am

"Hi Daddy. I had a mini-test today and it was superb!  I'm so excited right now plus I treated myself and Jessy to go get ice-cream."

"Yeah.  So I didn't dream of anything yesterday but I still believe in you anyway.  That's what is called having faith, right? . And I think I heard someone speak to me while I was writing the test today. "

"I also met Jill at a Bible study club today.  He introduced me to his friend Mike. They seem cool. Jill and his friend are my friends now. It's amazing how this turned out;  me having three amazing friends is something I never thought I'd have."

"It's okay if they are my friends right? "

She hesitated for a while, still and silent, hoping to hear God speak back to her. She was about to continue writing when she heard a still small voice say,  "Yeah. It is."

For a little while, Lola stared in the space.  Perhaps she had heard wrong or her mind was playing tricks on her. But she couldn't just conclude on that yet,  she knew it was Him.  She felt Him.  She was sure He spoke to her and she heard right.

"God.  You did speak to me.  I heard you!  My sense!  You've given me a sense."  She said.

"I have been here all along and I'll always be here.  I'm the Holy Spirit. It's my job to guide you and God and Jesus can speak to you through me. You can speak to me at anytime too, I'm always here to listen." The voice said.

Lola did a giant gulp and her voice fell to a whisper,  "You're really talking to me?"

"Yes."

Her joy knew no bounds. She felt she could do a victory somersault that moment but decided to act proper.

"Hey!  Be free to be you.  You don't need to act formal here.  I'm now you're bestest and closest friend!"

The first thing that dropped to her mind was "wow,  He's so cool."

She did a little victory clap. Immediately, she wanted to pour out questions to her new most wonderful friend but she remembered it was supposed to be a two-sided relationship and remembered something that was mentioned in the Bible club.

"Take your relationship with Christ one day at a time. One step at a time."

She grinned widely as she wrote her encounter into her chat book. She felt different. She knew she was different. And this feeling of being different from who she used to be, she never ever wants to lose it.

Because she's happier and peaceful than she had ever been.