TEN

Midnight Chat 009

Lola was finishing up studying. It was almost 2 in the morning. Lately, she'd be going over the top reading but even as she read, her mind hovered round what Jessy's pastor had said in the service she attended earlier in the day. It was about having a 'sense'.

He said Sense is when God tells you something. But you have to be really still for you to hear. Because God is kind of a silent speaker.

She had loved how he taught. He taught elderlies as though he was speaking to children. Softly and explicitly.

She packed her school books into her bag, opened up the side drawer by the table and brought out her chat book.

Lola sat up straight. She picked her pen and flipped the pages of her book. She fiddled the pen a little while before writing.

"Dad. Now that I write this down, I feel strangely comfortable and strangely weird. Comfortable because I feel kind of familiar with you, but weird because I really haven't got to know you better. Although you've given me answers through books I read and through my friend, I haven't felt this sense thing I learnt today. Or yesterday."

"I guess I should have this sense thing right? To directly know what you want and what you want to tell me, but I have been so tied up in asking questions and requesting answers from you that I haven't gotten to know you, which is supposed to be the basis of any relationship or chat (as the case is)."

"I'm sorry."

"From now on, I promise I'd learn to be really still so I could hear or feel what you're trying to tell me. Hey, the pastor also said you won't always talk because sometimes you prefer to surprise humans and so you tell us to wait. That's fine too. I kind of love surprises."

"You know it's been a really long time since I read my Bible. Say, ever since my parents died, but there was this verse that caught my attention today. It says "Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass." [Psalm 37:5]"

"You know, I believe that verse. I might have come across it before or mom and dad might have said something about it but I've forgotten. Three years is a long time.

So I'm committing my upcoming exams into your hands. I'm so stressed out reading all the time. Coupled with the thing that I don't assimilate quickly enough. You've got to help me."

"I have to catch some sleep now. Probably, you'll talk to me in my dream? I hear you can."

"Thank you. And can you help me tell mom and dad I miss them. I believe they are with you."

She sighed.

She closed the book and straightway climbed her bed. And almost immediately, she took off to dreamland.

*****
Thanks for reading so far!
Guess what? I'll be asking random questions! So I get to know you guys better. That's the basis of any relationship right? Hahaha

Since this is a spiritual book genre, I'll be asking questions on spirituality. But for other random questions, I'd be asking on my second story, 'Married To The Manipulator' (If you haven't checked it out yet, please do).

So the question for today is...

"How do you know when God is trying to tell you something? (I believe God speaks to everyone differently, so I'd love to know yours)."

**
Don't forget to vote, comment and share! I'd really love your feedbacks.

Thanks!

Xoxo.