Chapter 1 ~ Fuck Off Harry

[Harry's POV] (Will be if I don't say otherwise)

~ 13 Years Later ~

I was walking to school on a particularly fine morning when my best friend suddenly drove up to me in his car. "What do you want, Niall?" I muttered, feeling slightly envious that he had a car and I didn't.

It wasn't that my family was poor or anything, I just hadn't got my driver's license yet. My mum had always told me that she wouldn't buy me a car before I got my license. So...here I was, without a car and a driver's license.

"Hey, chill mate. I was just wondering if you wanted a ride, but since you're being so grumpy I might just drive away without you," he retorted, rolling up the window again.

I let out a sigh, walking over to the passenger door and getting into the car. I shut the door behind me, turning to my best friend. "I'm sorry, Ni. I just failed another driving test yesterday afternoon," I apologized, running a hand through my curls.

Niall shook his head. "Mate, you really have to improve your skills, or else you're never going to get your license," he said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Shut up, it's not my fault I have trouble focusing on stuff like tests," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Then whose fault is it?" he asked, raising his eyebrow teasingly.

I remained silent and avoided his gaze. What most people didn't know, was that I actually had something to blame it on. I'd always been bad at reading and writing, had always gotten the letters wrong, but it wasn't until I started second grade that the doctors informed me I was dyslexic. I didn't take it all too well. Not well at all actually. I just found it absolutely embarrassing. So, when I went into seventh grade, I decided to hide it by simply acting like I didn't care about school at all. I usually attended classes, but I never did anything in them.

Niall was one of the people who didn't know about it. The only ones who did were my family members, and I wanted it to stay that way. The fewer people who knew, the less chance it was for the secret to be revealed.

"Mine," I muttered, staring down at my lap.

"Sorry, mate, I didn't quite hear you," Niall teased, chuckling.

I glared at him, refusing to repeat myself. I would never give him that honor. "So, what's going on between you and Olivia, huh?" I asked instead, changing the topic.

Olivia was a girl Niall, Zayn, and I had been friends with ever since middle school. All four of us were really close, but lately, I'd noticed that something else was going on between her and Niall. There were definitely some feelings there that weren't classified as friendly ones, on both sides.

Niall's cheeks heated up a little, and he tried his best to avoid my gaze. "Um, well, she's great, and eh, I really like her," he admitted, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I'm happy for both of you, you really deserve each other."

Niall flashed me a small smile, nodding his head curtly. "Thanks, Haz."

"Of course," I mumbled as we pulled up in front of the school. Niall parked the car in an empty parking space before both of us got out of the vehicle.

"Thanks for the ride mate, I appreciate it," I smiled, hitting him on the arm playfully. "And sorry for my grumpy mood earlier."

"It's okay, Harry. You're forgiven," he replied, walking over to the school doors with me following behind him.

We walked down the hallways until we arrived at our lockers that were next to each other. Zayn's was located a little bit away from ours along with Olivia's, but it didn't matter to us. We met up after every class anyway.