thirty five

"Um, I don't really know." I said, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Wait, you're actually going back?" Brandon asked, turning to face me. His face looked shocked and saddened.

"Well, I have too. All of their things are there and it's my home, Brandon." I told him, standing to my feet so that I could walk into the kitchen. I knew he was gonna follow me so I began to plan out what I was going to say. " Look, i'm sorry that I didn't inform you that I was going to go back to Miami." I said turning around quickly to face him.

His mouth was open as if he was going to say something, but he didn't. Or maybe I interrupted him. "You can't be serious. You're just gonna leave me?" he questioned, his voice cracking.

"Look, we can talk about this later."

"NO, WE'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT THIS NOW." he shouted, making the vein in his neck pop out.

"I'm gonna ask you nicely not to yell at me. You have no reason to be ma-"

"I don't have a reason to be mad? Lily, we just confessed our love for each other and you're just gonna go back to miami and act like it's no big deal?" I went to speak, but he started talking once again, "I know what you're doing. You're tryna push me away but I want you to know that no matter how hard you push me away or far away you move i'm never gonna stop loving you."

I tore my gaze from him and crossed my arms over my chest, fixating my gaze on the ground, "I'm not pushing you away."  I whispered, still looking at the ground. I could see him from the corner of my eye walking to me before he placed his hands on my shoulders, almost forcing me to look up. His hand moved away from my left shoulder and he hooked his finger underneath my chin, making our eyes meet.

The same eyes I fell in love with. I loved it when he stared at me. It made me feel like he was looking inside me, reading every thought and every thing about me. "What?" he questioned, his voice low as he looked upon me.

"I'm not pushing you away. I love you, Brandon. I just, I have to go back to Miami. Everything I have is there. Everything. You could come with me and then we'll talk about it once we get there?" I raised my eyebrows as a small smile played along my lips.

"That's actually not a bad idea. But what about the babies? Don't you think they're too young to get on a plane?" he asked, making me think for a minute.

"I'll need to look it up, but they actually have an appointment Thursday to get shots and check ups. You know, the usual." I said leaving my head against his chest. "You coming with me?" I asked, not bothering to look up.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He said, his lips pressing against the top of my head. "So about tonight. We still on right?" he asked as I took my head off his chest.

"Of course," I smiled, pressing my lips against his.