twenty eight

My heart was beating as fast as a rocket as we pulled into Simon's driveway. Brandon had parked the black suburban in the driveway and in all honesty I was hoping Simon wasn't here because things were about to get messy. Nick parked his car right in front of the house.

"Nick, I can't do this." I said, my voice shaky.

"Fine, you don't have to." he said, placing his hand on the gear shift.

"No, stop. I have to, I just don't want to." I said, closing my eyes tightly. I unbuckled my seat belt and placed my hand on the door handle. I took a deep breath as I slid out of the car.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Nick asked and I shook my head, turning around to face the house.

Without another word, I shut the car door and began making my way to the front door. My hand balled into a fist and I tapped on the burgundy wooden door. My hand stayed balled into a fist even when it was by my side. The door opened and I felt like I was about to pass out. The air was taken from my lungs and my chest was tightening. I knew by the way his eyes looked into mine that he was shocked to see me. His lips slightly parted and his eyes trailed over me, widening as they reached my stomach.

"You're a fucking asshole. How dare you tell my brother a complete lie and make him turn against me? How could you do that, you heartless coward? You couldn't own up to your shitty ass actions and just say that you broke up with me because you didn't want the kids. You just had to go around and make up a complete lie. How many other people did you tell the lie to? You probably have everyo-" I stopped mid sentence as a searing pain ran through my body. My hand gripped the edge of the door as I let my eyes shut tightly. My other hand landed on my stomach as the searing pain ran through my body again.

"Lily, are you okay?" he asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't fucking touch me. I'm fine." I hissed, standing up as straight as I could. The pain rain throughout my body again, making me cry in pain. "I'm not okay," I said, placing my hands over my stomach.

"I think I need to go to the hospital."