twelve

We were all piled into the elevator once again and Austin pressed the number to our floor. "I've always just wanted to press of the buttons," Zion said, making me wrap my arms around his neck.

"Not today." I said, making everyone laugh. I didn't bother removing my arms from around his neck. "Zion, Quit getting taller. I swear you were just a few inches shorter two days ago." I pouted slightly.

"It's called genetics, Some people are just really tall. You happen to be really short." he said, laughing as if it were the funniest thing in the world. I let my arms fall from around his neck and just glared at him until the elevator doors opened. "LOVE YOU LILY!" He screamed, running to his room. I flipped him off as he glanced back at me before opening his door.

~

As I was finally getting back situated in mine and Macy's room, my phone went off.

Egghead🐥🥚:
There's a party at Dave and Busters about 5 minutes away. You tryna go?

Me:
whose party?

Egghead 🐥🥚:
Does it matter?

Me:
Is Nick going?

Egghead🐥🥚:
Everyone is
You in?

Me:
Yeah

I began getting ready, along with Macy and soon enough, we were piled into the elevator again with the boys.

~

Once we got to Dave and Busters and within seconds, we were off on our separate ways. It was pretty crowded and I could tell people had been drinking due to the aroma of alcohol in the atmosphere. Don't know who came up with the bright idea that we all should split up, but what the hell dude?

"that bitch over there." I heard a voice come from my left, whoever it was, they seemed pretty close. I turned my head to see who they were talking about and saw two guys in their early twenties, sitting by the bar. They were looking in my direction. I moved my attention away from them and tried to walk off to find my friends.

"Hey my buddy over there has something to say to you," one of the guys slurred, grabbing my arm. He was definitely drunk. I looked at his hand, which had a tight grip on my arm, then his face, then to the guy that was still sitting down.

"Hey sweetheart why don't you eat a burger!" The guy sitting down exclaimed, loud enough for me to hear from where I was standing.

Stuff like this really got to me. I should be used to comments like this, but I was far from okay with this. And for it to come from a total stranger, it only made matters worse. Seriously, he had no fucking idea that I was still struggling with a mental illness and I was still recovering from a eating disorder from a few years back. Everyday is still a struggle for me, and that was something that many people failed to realize. You can't just get rid of a mental illness. This guy had just ruined my whole entire night, whether he knew it or not. What the fuck is wrong with society ?

"Get the fuck off of me!" I screamed as I yanked my arm from his grip. Tears fell from my face and honestly at this point, I didn't know if it was because I was angry or just plain hurt by what had just happened. I made my way through the crowd of people, until I felt hands land on my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks. "Lily? What's wrong? Why are you crying? What happened?"

"Zion, I just want to go home," I choked, wiping the tears from my face. "Where's my brother?"

"Liliana! What happened? who did something to you?" Nick said brushing passed Zion and bringing me close to him. I wasn't so sure if I wanted to tell Nick or not because I knew he would flip the fuck out and It wasn't worth it. I just wanted to go home.

"LILIANA DAMNIT TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED OR YOU'RE GONNA PISS ME OFF EVEN MORE." Nick ordered, making me slightly jump. "Someone said something about my weight but don't worry about it. Can you take me home please? I really don't want to be here anymore." I muttered

"Who?" Nick asked, looking around the sports bar. I just kept quiet and let the tears roll down my cheeks. "LILIANA WHO?" He shook me slightly, which only made me cry more.

"Nick stop, can we please just go home?!"

"NOT UNTIL YOU SHOW ME THE FUCKER WHO HURT YOU." I could tell he was getting really angry. Angry Nick was definitely not a sight to see. It was terrifying, even for me. He was really protective over me, especially on this topic.

I looked around the room and my eyes landed on the same two guys from earlier. "There." I whispered, my voice still shaky from crying. Within seconds, Nick was by their side.

"This is nothing to do with you kid," I heard the drunk say as I approached him and my brother. Nick was heated.

"THE HELL IF IT DOESN'T, THATS MY SISTER YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" Nick yelled, getting in the mans face before pushing him back.

"Nick stop!" I cried, grabbing on to his shoulders, trying to pull him away, but it was no use. Nick punched the guy in the face repeatedly until the other drunk came up and grabbed his back, making me jump in. There was no way I was gonna let my brother get jumped and he couldn't hit me, I'm a girl. On top of that, a minor.

"What's all the yelling about?"

I looked and saw Brandon making his way through the crowd. Before I could speak, the drunk had pushed me out of the little fighting corner, making me fall.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Brandon starting getting mad. He came closer to where we were standing and soon enough, I felt his muscular arms lift me up from the ground and hold me behind him like a barrier.

"What the fuck are you gonna do about?" The drunk slurred, chuckling lowly. Things were about to get bad.

The drunk was the first to make a move, his fist colliding with Brandon's nose. After that, everything began to happen so fast. I heard Nick yelling as I watched Brandon and the drunk roll on the ground hitting eachother. My feet were glued to the ground and my lips were zipped shut.

Everything was a blur in my mind as I was dragged away from the fight. I didn't know whether it was from the tears clouding my vision or the thoughts running through my mind at that moment. Someone stood in front of me, shaking my shoulders trying to get me to speak, but the devil had thrown my keys out the window and into the Atlanta night.