thirty one

• Brandon's POV •

I walked into Liliana's room and saw Lorenzo crying. Austin was on the bed with him, trying to get him to calm down but it seemed to be failing miserably.

"I got him, Thanks man." I said, making him stand up. "No problem dude,"  he said before leaving the room without any hesitation.

I moved the pillow and sat down, scooping Lorenzo up. "What's wrong buddy?" I whispered, watching as his bottom lip stayed puckered out and his brown eyes scanned over me.

"Your mommy told me that your sister was cranky this morning. I'm sorry you had to go through that, bud." I said chucking softly.

I was aware that I had been talking to a one week old baby, but I felt like I could get a lot of things off my chest. "You look just like your mama, you're beautiful just like her." I said, letting his small fingers wrap around mine. "I really hope she doesn't hate me too much. Don't tell anybody, but I still love her. A lot actually. I know she'll never take me back, but it wouldn't hurt to try, right? I don't know why but it seems like i've always messed things up between us. In the back of my mind, I always knew your mommy was capable of doing what she did, leaving everyone for a while to take time for herself. I don't blame her though. I was a butt and I should've never hurt her. I should've been there for her every step of the way. I should've went with her to checkups, I should've been there for her when she found out we were having you and your sister and I should've never left. I regret it more and more everyday. I'm actually really surprised your mommy is even letting me near you guys." I sighed, standing up and placing Lorenzo on my chest with my hand on his back.

• Liliana's POV •

Little did he know, I heard everything he said. Every single word. Tears sprung to my eyes as I placed a hand over my mouth trying to silence my sobs with Elena sleeping peacefully in my lap.

Stupid baby monitors.