thirty three

I pulled away from him, regret washing over me. "I'm sorry," I said, taking my hands away from his cheeks, letting them fall to his shoulders.

"Why are you sorry?" He whispered, his voice low and husky. His hands still holding onto my hips firmly. I don't think he was gonna let go anytime soon.

"I shouldn't have done that. We aren't even together." I whispered, staring into his brown eyes. Something flashed in them, but I couldn't recognize it.

"Why are we not together? We both clearly are still in love with each other and don't even try to deny it." he said, his voice soft but his words hit me like a train. It was true. I'm so in love with him it actually hurts. I want him and nothing else.

"Even if you say no, i'm not gonna stop. I want to be here for you and them." He said as I let my forehead lean against his chest.

What am I supposed to do? I mean, they are his kids too. The things he had said to Lorenzo earlier began to run through my mind. "But what are people gonna say when they see that i'm back and with two kids? I'm gonna be attacked and called a slut." I groaned, not moving myself from the position we were currently in.

He rubbed small circles on my back, just like he used to do. He knew it calmed me down. "You're not a slut. They can think what they want, but the people who truly care about you low the truth and that's all that matters." he said, placing a kiss on the top of my head, "I like your hair like this." he said. I could feel him begin to pick up strands, running his fingers through it. "I'm willing to try anything with you, whether you wanna pick up from where we left off or completely start over. I'll do anything just to call you mine again, Lily. I'm serious." I lifted my head from his chest and his hands cupped my cheeks, forcing me to look him in his eyes.

I swallowed a forming lump in my throat and spoke, "Can we start over, but like not completely over? I just wanna forget all the bad things that happened." I whispered, as he nodded at my words.

His eyes glanced down to my lips then back at my eyes as if he were asking for permission. I nodded slightly and he pressed a sweet kiss to my lips. He pulled away and glanced behind me, "So can they take my last name?" he asked, once I had turned around to see the two sleeping babies.

"Why do you want them to take your last name so badly? I think their names sound cute with Mara." I said, feeling his arms wrap loosely around my waist.

"Because, the babies always get the fathers last name." he said. That's true, but not always. That's only the case if the mother wants the children to have the fathers last name.

"I don't care," I shrugged, my eyes glancing between the two of them.

"Elena Marie Arreaga and Lorenzo Dominic Arreaga. That's way better than Mara." he joked, making me elbow him in the ribs lightly. "I'm just kidding baby," he whispered, placing a soft kiss on my jawline. "We should do something. Just me and you. They can go if you want." he said into the crook of my neck, hugging me.

I moved from his embrace to place a blanket on the twins and glanced back up to him, "Like what?" I asked, pulling my hair into a ponytail. "I'm still sore as hel-"

"Language." He scolded, making me chuckle softly. "But I did forget about that, Nevermind." he said, shoving his hands deep into his pockets.

"We could do something next week. I get my stitches out Tuesday.." I reminded him as I stood to my feet.

"Its a date then." He said as I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my tippy toes. He placed a kiss on my forehead, then both my cheeks, then my nose, and finally my lips.