Chapter 18 - What does our future hold?

Rachel's POV

I'm not one hundred percent sure I'm pregnant.. You hear all the time that the pregnancy tests are wrong so I've booked an appointment with the doctor for later today.

That's why I've not been as passionate with Finn because I might be pregnant with his child. I'm only sixteen. But when Finn asked the other day and mentioned pregnancy, that's when he kind of caught on. He hasn't spoken to me for two days now.

I'm watching Funny Girl on the tv when Finn walks in from his run, he's constantly out so he can't see me. I sit up from the sofa and walk up to him. I go to place my hand on his arm but he shakes it off.

"Finn, you can't ignore me forever!" I raise my voice at him.

"You could be pregnant with my kid Rachel.. I have the right to be pissed! How long have you known?"

So finally he speaks.

"That's why we haven't had sex for a week or so Finn.. I found out then" Finn just looks at me. "The tests aren't always correct you know".

Finn expression changes, "So how will we know for sure?" He asks me curiously.

"I booked an appointment for later on today.. I'd like you to come but don't feel like you have to" I look down at the ground.

I feel Finn putting his hand on my arm, "Baby or no baby, we're in this together".

"Someone's changed their fucking tune!" I playfully poke him.

"Well I had time to think about things on my run this morning.. I can't wait to have kids with you in the future, I just don't think we're ready now.. But if you are pregnant; I'm not leaving you" I lean in and kiss his lips.

"I love you.." Finn says to me after we pull away.

"I love you more" I reply leaning my forehead on his.

"If you say so.." Finn leans in and kisses me again.

*A few hours later*

Finn's POV

It's time for our appointment with the doctor and I'm incredibly nervous and I can tell Rachel is too.

"Come on Rach, we're going to be late!" I shout up the stairs to where Rachel is changing.

"I'm coming.." Rachel runs down the stairs and grabs her bag. We interlock our hands and walk out to the truck. Before opening her door I give Rachel and peck on the lips then help her in. I slam her car door shut and walk round to the drivers side. During the journey to the doctors the radio was on quietly.

Rachel turns the volume up in an angry movement and I look at her puzzled, "whoa, what's up with you?".

"I'm just nervous and the silence is getting on my nerves!" Rachel says sounding upset. I pull over into the nearest lay-by.

"Finn.. this isn't the time we're going to be late!" Rachel turns towards me and starts shouting.

"That doesn't matter, something's upsetting you and I need to know what!?" I put my hands on her shoulders.

Rachel starts to break down. "What if I really am pregnant Finn? We can't cope." This breaks me seeing her so upset.

"Look at me.." I cup her face with my cheeks. "Like you said, them tests aren't always correct.. So I say let's go to the doctors with an open mind and whatever happens, happens. Okay?" Rachel nods and kisses me.

I start the truck and finish the journey to the doctors. We both jump out the truck and walk into the doctors holding hands. Once we get to the reception I feel Rachel grip onto my hand extra tight.. I'm guessing I'm talking then.

"Hello Sir, what's your name?" The receptionist asks me.

"The appointment isn't for me, it's for my girlfriend... Rachel Berry" I reply to the lady behind the desk.

"Okay take a seat, you'll be called in shortly".

I lead Rachel to two empty seats and I look at her, she smiles and leans her head on my shoulder. After ten minutes or so a nurse comes out of a room and calls Rachel's name. Still hand in hand, we walk into the room ready to know what our future holds.

__________________________

So Finn and Rachel are at the doctors and are about to find out if they're having a baby or not.

I guess this chapter is a bit longer😂

Sorry if I upset anyone with the 'if you say so' reference.. It upset me but I think it fits in okay..😌

Tell Your Friends?

VOTE

COMMENT

' I'm lucky on so many counts - I'm lucky to be alive.'

-Cory Allan Michael Monteith

ly all💕

~amy