Chapter 6: Attack

Jason buries his nose into my neck.

"Jason!" I squeak.

"I only said you were distracting, I never said I wanted you to go." He whispers into my neck, his lips brushing against my skin, sending waves of electricity through me body.

I begin to squirm as he trails kisses down my neck, each kiss causing more waves of electricity, like ripples in a pond. He then picks me up from his lap and sets me down on the desk.

He brings his lips close to mine. My heart beats frantically in my ears and I can feel my wolf doing backflips. Then his lips connect with mine and I close my eyes, throwing my arms around his neck. My fingers tangle in his hair and our kiss deepens, depriving my lungs of oxygen.

As he pulls away, allowing me breath again, my lips still feel his warmth.

"That call was regarding an Alpha meeting I have to go to." He murmurs and I can feel a frown forming on my face as I look down at the wooden floor.

"As my Luna you are required to attend." He continues, clasping my chin so I was looking back up at him. "There is just one problem. I haven't marked you yet. Bringing you with me would be like throwing you to the wolves, no pun intended."

"When is the meeting?" I timidly twiddle my thumbs.

"In two weeks." He murmurs.

I take a deep breath, steeling my resolve, as I move my hair away from my neck. "Go ahead." I mutter nervously, a blush spreading across my cheeks.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod as he begins to trail kisses across my collar bone, causing my breath to hitch as the tingling sensation intensifies.

His lips linger on the spot for a little while but before he could mark me we both hear hurried footsteps followed by knocking at the door. I hadn't realized I was holding my breath. Jason sits back down in his seat with a low, with irritated growl and I quickly stand beside him.

Jason doesn't even get the chance to tell them to enter when they come rushing into the office. Zane looks surprised when he sees me in here but quickly recovers, giving me a quick nod.

"Alpha, it's your mother. She was attacked by wolves from the Dark Moon pack." Zane speaks fast and Jason's face runs pale. He pushes himself up from his seat and sprints out of the room, Zane following close behind.

I try my best to keep up with them as they run out of the pack house and towards the pack Hospital, their longer legs carrying them faster than mine. My mate bursts through the hospital doors and right to his mother's room. I hear the sound of her heart monitor and I come in to the room to see Olivia lying on a hospital bed, blood-soaked bandages wrapped around her throat and she was hooked up to a machine that was helping her breathe.

"Where are they?" His voice is low and frightening as he clenches his fists.

"We were only able to catch one of them, Alpha."

He slams his fist angrily against the wall, causing the sound to eco through the room and out into the halls. "Stay here." Jason then growls at me before dashing off again.

I turn my attention to Olivia just as Jessica comes walking in.

"Is she going to be all right?" I asked shakily but Jessica's face is grim.

"It's hard to say, she suffered many lacerations to her throat." Jessica frowns as she puts her chart down. "She lost a lot of blood and required a blood transfusion."

"Is there any way I can help?"

"I'm afraid not. It would probably be best if Axel came and escorted you back to the house." She places her hand on my shoulder.

"Actually, I think I should go and make sure Jason is alright." I tell her.

"That's not such a good idea-" I run out of the hospital and run around looking for him till I hear screams coming from the dungeon. I gulp before descending the stairs, remembering the fear I felt when I was locked in the cell.

When I walk into the dungeon I see Jason in the cell. A woman , no older than me, with dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes is being torn to shreds.

I stand there unable to speak, frozen in fear. He turns to me and his eyes are black. I cover my mouth to stifle a scream as tears run down my cheeks. His eyes turn back to their normal brown color as they meet mine. His body and face are covered with blood.

"Kira?" His voice is low and he holds his hands up as he steps towards me, as if trying to show me he means no harm but I panic as he draws closer, running out of the dungeon. The last thing I see as I run out is the vacant stare of the girl laying on the blood-soaked floor out of the corner of my eye.

Running back to the house I hear Jason and Zane running after me. I run straight into my room, quickly slamming the door behind me. Then leaning against the cold wooden door, I slide to the floor. Bringing my knees to my chest, I begin to sob, my hands shaking uncontrollably. Then my sobs are interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Kira, can I come in?"

I quickly wipe my tears away, or at least try to, and move away from the door allowing Jason in. He walks in and he has washed the blood off of himself and has changed clothes.

"Kira, she attacked and almost killed my mother. There is even a chance she won't survive." He reaches out his arms to embrace me but I back away.

"I know that, I mean deep down I understand that, but I couldn't help but picture myself in her place. Only a few days ago I was in that cell." I say through sobs.

"Kira, I would never hurt you."

"But that is only because of the bond. If I wasn't your mate you would have and that's what scares me." I hug myself, trying to stop my shaking but to no avail. Jason tries to hug me again but I put my hand on his chest, pushing him away. "Please, just go."

He leaves the room and my wolf feels wounded. I can almost feel her trying to claw out of my heart. If she could leave my body to follow him, I think she would jump at the chance. I crawl onto my bed and look at the now wilting lilacs.

I lay there thinking for minutes and then hours, unsure of what I should do next. Finally, sleep takes over.