Chapter 4: Enemy Encounter

The next morning I shower and slip into a magenta, short sleeve knee length dress with a surplice neckline. I reach for the zipper on the back but feel hands behind me.

"You look good." Jason pulls the zipper up for me while I hold my hair out of the way. His fingers graze my skin and I feel the electric charge and my wolf goes crazy.

"Do I have to do this?" I whine, unable to control the butterflies in my stomach. The two of us still know nothing about each other.

"It's not as bad as you think. It's just a short introduction and dinner, then the two of us will meet each other's wolves. One of the pack wolves will be up to escort you shortly. I have some paperwork to go through." He whispers into my ear before disappearing from my room. I take that time to brush and lightly style my long brown hair and finish applying my make-up. In about ten minutes a woman walks in, her black hair covering her face shyly with her eyes looking down at the floor. She looks young and judging by her presence and the way she presents herself she is an omega. I give her a warm smile.

"Are you ready, Luna?" She asks mousily. I reply with a yes as I slip on a pair of black peep-toe heels.

I'm brought to a big room full of people. Everyone is talking loudly and as I look around at all the faces my legs turn to jelly. I feel a reassuring hand on my shoulder and I turn to see it's owner is Olivia.

"Everything's going to be okay. You'll be a great Luna." She encourages.

Jason walks through the doors and with his hand at the small of my back, he leads me up the stage in the room. He taps the microphone a couple of times and everyone looks in our direction.

"As you all may know, after many years I have met my mate. I haven't known her long but I am confident that she will make a great Luna for me and for my pack." He talks into microphone before lifting a glass of wine into the air. "To Kira."

After that we sit down for dinner as a whole pack. People are all eating, drinking and celebrating. Jason picks up a glass of wine and hands it to me.

"Um, I'm under age." I whisper, pushing his hand and glass away.

"So, alcohol doesn't affect us remember? Besides, it's a party." He grins and my heart melts. Returning his smile I pick up the glass and take a sip.

Soon Jason takes me by the hand and we walk outside, the moon emitting a welcoming glow. I walk behind a tree and remove my clothes before shifting, the moonlight shining upon my coal colored fur. When I step out Jason has already shifted. His coat was black like a starless night.

I walk over and he gives my ears a little lick as we walk together. The more we walked the more bored I got. Back in my pack we would play all kinds of games. Maybe he would like to?

I give him a play bow and he looks at me confused. I bound around a little and give him another play bow and he seems to get my hint. He returns my bow and I dart away, hiding behind a tree.

I lay low, trying to make no sound and listen to the world around me. Crickets, owls, wind through the leaves, and ......a snapping twig. I crawl carefully behind another tree as I heard him walk past. I ready myself and jump out from the trees but he wasn't their. Instead, the red wolf from Dark Moon pack, my scratches still visible over his eye as big noticeable scars. I couldn't smell him here. Looking around I can't see Jason anywhere.
I growl at him before running back the way I came, with the red wolf hot on my heels.

With the scenery around me passing like a blur I practically run right into Jason, the tips of our noses touching. Sensing my panic he ushers me back to the pack house. I look over my shoulder the whole walk back but don't see him.

I shift back into a human and put on my dress, not even bothering to mess with the zipper, before running into the house. I feel safer once a door is between me and that Dark Moon wolf and I sink on to the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. Then Jason walks in wearing a pair of shorts, his face confused.

"Couldn't you smell the border of our pack's territory?" He asks and my eyes drop.

"I can't smell anything, you, the lilacs in my room, or even the territory marks." I frown and Jason looks worried. "I haven't been able to smell a thing since my pack was destroyed."

"Why didn't you tell me all of this sooner?!" He snaps. His eyes go dark and I can tell he is talking through a link. Before long a blonde woman comes walking into the room.

"So what happened that made you lose your sense of smell?" The woman asks and I look over at Jason as he leans against the wall.

"Her name is Jessica, she is the pack doctor." He tells me and I look back at her.

"I was stuck in a fire set by the Dark Moon pack, they killed my pack and I'm guessing they thought I died that day too. That was about a week ago. But while I was out there I encountered one of them." I look back and forth between Jason and Jessica, both with grim faces.

"Well your sense of smell should return soon though not as good as it used to be predating the fire. I'm afraid I can't really do anything, it's going to be a waiting game." She then leaves.

By now Jason is talking to 'Shaggy', I'm guessing he is his beta. I hear something about upping security and the number of patrols. I feel awful, I'm a Luna but I can't even name members of my own pack.