fifteen;

i hope you guys are staying safe (and inside) through all this <33 sorry for the unplanned hiatus

-

akaashi could see the change in (y/n). she was constantly flustered and couldn't meet his eyes without immediately looking away. he did the whole fake-kiss thing so bokuto would realize his feelings; not give (y/n) new ones.

he didn't want to hurt her feelings. he did start to care for her a lot during all of this, but he couldn't help it; he already had his sights on another. it wasn't her fault.

sitting at the table near their bowling lane, akaashi waits patiently for his turn. (y/n) takes a long sip of her soda glancing every so often at akaashi, who was deeply lost in his thoughts.

"yes!" (friend's name) says, turning around after getting a spare, making (y/n) jump and look up at the sudden noise. "(y/n), it's your turn!"

"nice one, (friend's name)!" bokuto says, giving her a thumbs up and a cheesy grin.

(y/n) slowly got up from her spot at the table and walked to pick a red bowling ball. she took a deep breath, glancing quickly at the score on the screen above her. she was in last place, but that's to be expected when versing two athletes and her best friend, who was amazing at bowling.

"good luck, (y/n)!"

her heart skipped a beat. shit, don't do that. i'm trying not to like you.

"th-thanks, akaashi." she turned her back towards her friends so they couldn't see the blush spreading across her cheeks. she picked up the bowling ball, the sudden weight pulling her arm down. she walked towards the center of the lane and put the ball in front of her chest, breathing slowly.

she knocked down 6 pins. the remaining were on the right side. an easy spare (if she were good at bowling). she walked towards where the balls returned, and she picked up another ball, walking towards the middle of the lane. She took a deep breath.

"hey hey hey! you got this, (y/n)!"

her entire body jumped at the sudden, loud voice, and she accidentally loosened her grip on the bowling ball, making it fall to the floor with a really loud thud!

but not before falling on her toe and then rolling off into the gutter.

she let out a painful scream, bending her entire body over to clutch her toe.

"(y/n)!" (friend's name) exclaims, running over to her. akaashi's eyes bulged out of his head and he immediately rushed over as well.

bokuto stood there, his cheerful, encouraging grin slowly slipping off his face. his arms, which were raised in the air enthusiastically, fell by his sides. he opens and closes his mouth, and for the first time in his life, is unable to say words. he was speechless.

"are you okay?" (friend's name) asks worriedly, bending next to her friend and looking at her shoe, where the bowling ball had landed. tears gathered in (y/n)'s eyes, and she tried her best to force a smile, but she simply couldn't. you could see the pain written all over her face.

she thinks she broke a few of her toes.

"do you need to go to the hospital?" akaashi asks. a heavy, 9 or so pound volleyball fell on her, after all. although it isn't exactly the same, he has broken a finger before due to volleyball, so he could empathize with her.

"is it broken? do you need ice? i'm going to get you some ice," (friend's name) says, slowly freaking out and confused on what to do next. she gets up from beside (y/n) and makes her way to the part of the bowling alley where you can buy food and drinks.

(y/n) tilts her head down, avoiding bokuto's worried gaze. she refused to let him see her cry. him of all people... "i-i'm okay, bo—"

she heard a loud, snotty sniff, making her raise her teary eyes up to see him crying. the boy she was in love with, who was dating her best friend, had a single tear falling down his cheek as he stared at her. "b-bokuto, why are you crying?"

"i hurt you!"

"n-no, you didn't. you didn't do anything," she tried to comfort him, but he shook his head, putting his face in his hands to shield himself from her eyes.

"i am not worthy of your kindness, (y/n)! you're in pain because of me!"

"then stop crying! it doesn't help!" she finally screamed at him. tears streamed down her cheeks. she didn't want to yell at him, but she was tired and in pain. she just wanted to go home, but she was probably going to go to the hospital before she went to the comfort of her bed.

that shut him up.

"a-akaashi, can you take me to the hospital?" she asks quietly, and the boy who was silently watching the interaction the whole time made eye contact with her and nodded. she put her palm on the place where the bowling balls come back up, leaning on it to push herself to her feet. bokuto went to touch her arm to assist her, but she ignored him. leaning on her heel rather than her toes, she walked towards akaashi, who held his arm out to her for her to lean on.

bokuto watched from afar, silently wishing it was him helping her and being the shoulder to lean on.

"where are they going?" (friend's name) asked, an ice pack in her hand. "(y/n)! i found an ice pack!" she exclaimed, running towards her best friend, leaving bokuto behind.

bokuto walked after them. he watched as akaashi put his arm behind her back. he watched as akaashi bent his knees and put his other arm by her legs, lifting her and carrying her bridal style in one swoop. bokuto watched from afar, left behind and depressed.

he slapped himself in the face. why the hell was he depressed when (y/n) was the one hurt? he pushed away his pride and ran to catch up to them.

akaashi helped (y/n) into the car, shutting the door behind her. he turned to bokuto, watching his friend trying his best to suppress his emo-mode. "bokuto?"

"y-yes, akaashi?" he asked softly. akaashi reached into his back pocket, taking out his wallet. he counted out a few bills and handed them to bokuto.

"buy some (favorite flowers) and meet us at the hospital. take (friend's name) with you."

"no, i'm staying with (y/n)!" (friend's name) says. "i don't care if you want alone time. she-she's my best friend. i want to be here."

"i can manage on my own, akaashi," bokuto reassures him, puffing his chest out to seem confident, but his voice didnt match his cool facade. "i'll just.. go buy these."

"okay."

(friend's name) got into the seat next to (y/n). no one bothered to argue with her decision; it didn't really matter anyway. akaashi just didn't want bokuto to be alone when he's sad.

"take care of her, akaashi." then, he left.