fourteen;

i'm accidentally giving akaashi waaay too much attention yikes sorry. gotta continuously remind myself that this is, indeed, a bokuto fic

-

"where is akaashi and (y/n)?"

her questioning voice takes him out of his trance, and he blinks, still shaken from the scene he had just witnessed. her words don't completely register in his distracted mind, so he gives her a confused stare. "what?"

"akaashi? your best friend? and (y/n)? my best friend?" she asks once again, raising an eyebrow at his weirder-than-usual mood. "the reason why you went out there?"

"oh, them? haha, they were busy." he laughs, yet it is obviously forced. he doesn't know why he is reacting this way. probably because he hasn't even kissed (friend's name) yet...

"busy? with what?"

"uhhh, they... were ki—oh, look! here they are!" he cuts himself off and points towards their friends, who have finally walked through the door. his loud voice and awkward chuckles gain the attention of many customers, along with (y/n), who is furiously blushing, and akaashi, who is giving him a blank stare.

"you guys took forever! c'mon, let's go set it up," (friend's name) says and pulls on (y/n)'s arm. (y/n) still seems to be rather dazed from what had happened only a few minutes prior, and bokuto's eyebrows scrunch together in deep thought. damn, akaashi's got moves!

when (friend name) drags (y/n) along and akaashi moves to follow, bokuto quickly grabs akaashi by the forearm, halting him in his tracks, and says, "we will catch up later! i gotta talk to akaashi... man-to-man."

"okay...?" akaashi trails off with a questioning tone, allowing bokuto to lead him in a more private section of the bowling alley as (friend's name) and (y/n) walk in the opposite direction to the bowling lane.

bokuto turns to his friend with wide eyes, and for a quick moment, akaashi notes just how much this guy looks like an owl. "akaashi! what the hell!"

"what is it, bokuto-san?" he asks, faking obliviousness, but on the inside, he is smirking.

"i—i thought you said you didn't like (y/n) in that way!" is the first thing bokuto finds himself saying. he starts stuttering. "you—you leaned in... cupped her cheeks—damn it, akaashi! what.. what the hell." akaashi finds bokuto's entire reaction to be amusing: the poor guy doesn't even know what he's feeling.

"i don't like her in that way, bokuto-san." bokuto only raises an eyebrow and watches the younger boy with absolute confusion.

"then why did you kiss her?" he asks, his eyes wide as he awaits for akaashi's answer. akaashi laughs, and bokuto furrows his eyebrows together, exclaiming, "this isn't funny, akaashi!"

"why do you care, bokuto-san?" akaashi asks, trying his best to get something out of his best friend. the slight wiggle of his eyebrows catches bokuto's attention.

"what? wh—i don't. i don't, akaashi! stop!"

"why are you all blushy?"

"i'm not," (y/n) says, though the light pink still on her cheeks is so obviously noticeable.

"does it have to do with akaashi?" she asks, suggestively wiggling her eyebrows in a way akaashi did to bokuto in the other scene. at the name, (y/n)'s face heats up even more, and (friend's name) squeals. "wait wait wait. do you like him now? oh my god!"

"no! no," she denies the assumption, and (friend's name)'s eyes narrow at her quick reply.

"mmhm. sure." then she lowers her voice to a whisper and says, "i ship it."

"(friend's name)!" she scolds her best friend, and at that moment, the two boys decide to come back to the group. (y/n)'s eyes flicker to bokuto, whose eyes were oddly looking down at the ground, while akaashi had a small smirk on his face. cute.

blood rushes to her face at the sudden thought. what the hell am i doing? he likes someone! and i like bokuto! what? "so who's going first?"

bokuto didn't say anything. usually he would raise his hand and go something along the lines of hey! hey! hey! i'll give it a go! but he just stays silent. he was so hyped earlier, but now he looks as if his emo mode was minutes from activating. what in the world did he and akaashi speak about?

"(y/n), about about you go first," akaashi says, and her breath hitches the moment he said her name. what the hell is happening? he didn't even kiss me directly. i shouldn't be affected like this.

but what really worried (y/n) was the fact she was affected. does that mean she likes akaashi? but if she likes akaashi, does that mean her feelings for bokuto are gone? or that they never were as intense as she had thought in the first place? that last thought didn't sit with her well.

there is a long night ahead of them.