two;

sorry I took so long to update :// hopefully I'll get better with this whole writing thing yike s

-

she watches them converse with each other. her friend attempts to include her into conversations sometimes, to make her not feel left out, but it's difficult for her. (y/n) is more upset than she has lead on.

she hasn't been crushing on bokuto for long, but knowing that he was interested in someone - especially her best friend- still makes her slightly sad. it's affecting her way more than she'd like.

"did you like the practice too, (y/n)-san?" bokuto's teammate asks suddenly, taking her by surprise. akaashi noticed she was quieter than usual.

"y-yes! i enjoyed it very much," she admits, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear as she brings her eyes up to meet his. seeing the relief in her eyes, he understands she just feels awkward seeing (friend's name) and bokuto talking all this time. he is unaware of (y/n)'s feelings towards bokuto, but he understands she might feel left out.

he gives her a small smile in response. (y/n) smiles back to show how grateful she is that he noticed her being uncomfortable.

"hey, (friend's name)! can i walk you home?" (y/n)'s thoughts were interrupted when she hears bokuto's loud voice echo through her ears. her friend looks at (y/n) as if asking for permission, and (y/n) tries to play it cool and shrug it off.

she can't help it if bokuto likes her friend; she can't prevent it. and, if her friend someday likes bokuto back, she should be happy for them. or at least that's how she thinks. she doesn't want to be an awful friend, even if she did like him first.

but she can't control bokuto's feelings, so whoever liked him first is irrelevant. she's been friends with (friend's name) longer than she has liked bokuto anyway, so she tries to not let this tiny complication affect her.

god, is she jealous of her friend though.

"i-i already promised (y/n) i would walk with her," (friend's name) admits, and bokuto's confidence slightly falters. Then, his grin grows, and he swings his arm around (y/n)'s shoulders.

"it's alright if i come with, right?" he asks, and (y/n) -unwillingly- pushes his arm off, and stutters out a reply.

"i-i don't mind, necessarily," she mumbles, flashing (friend's name) a quick stare as if to say i am not comfortable with this, but i want to be near him anyway. please, help.

(friend's name), sadly, can't understand what (y/n) is trying to say through her eyes. "okay! you too, akaashi?" bokuto calls to his friend who is curiously studying the exchange.

"bokuto-san, maybe it would be best-"

"off we go then!" and surprisingly, it was (friend's name) who said this so enthusiastically. she grips (y/n)'s wrist and drags her towards the exit with bokuto trailing behind grabbing akaashi's wrist in the same way.

(y/n) then studies her friend's face closely. she can't exactly understand what she's feeling or what she's doing. earlier, before she had met bokuto, (friend's name) was hardcore shipping her best friend with the unknown boy.

now, as (y/n) looks at the gleam in her friend's eye, she can tell that the ecstatic shipper inside her friend is slowly disappearing. somehow, bokuto showing an interest in (friend's name) has triggered something inside of her. in this short amount of time, has (friend's name) started to like bokuto?

(y/n) wouldn't think twice about her best friend liking someone .2 seconds after they showed to be liking her. who wouldn't see someone in a different light if that happened?

yet, since it's bokuto - someone who (y/n) has liked for a short while but still felt somewhat strongly for - her friend's growing feelings for him makes (y/n) a bit irritated. she's your best friend; you shouldn't feel this way. it's not even confirmed that she likes him.

but, as (friend's name)'s hold on (y/n)'s wrist slowly loosens until it's completely dropped, as (friend's name) speedily walks a few paces in front of her, side by side with bokuto and laughing away, (y/n) knows her friend well enough to see that something new is happening.