four;

do not worry my dudes for akaashi is only a friend despite him having more conversations with (y/n) than bokuto does,, in his own fanfic lmao

-

(y/n) enjoys akaashi's company, but she is anxious for bokuto and (friend's name) to return.

they don't really do much while waiting for their friend's to buy the ice cream- or at least together. they end up studying quietly by themselves, enjoying the silence that will soon disappear once a certain someone enters the room.

and (y/n) can't wait until that moment comes.

she actually just wants to slap herself. why did he have to be interested in her best friend? wait, no, that's not the problem. the problem is that she likes him and can't stop. even if (friend's name) doesn't like bokuto back, it still feels wrong to feel like this towards him.

"(y/n)-san?" akaashi suddenly says, taking her mind from her thoughts and her useless attempt to study.

"hmm?"

"you like bokuto-san, don't you?" (y/n) lightly gasps at his sudden assumption, and avoids his eyes as she focuses hers on her notes.

"y-you're quite blunt, aren't you?" she says and forces out a laugh. she can feel a blush start to appear on her cheeks, but she -unconvincingly- denied it. "but no, i... do not like your friend."

he doesn't believe her, but he doesn't press more on the subject. "well even if you did, he is just a really oblivious person when it comes to those things. you have to be pretty straightforward."

"o-okay, i'll make sure to tell (friend's name) that," she says while tapping her pencil on her notebook anxiously. "if they ever return," she grumbles lowly, but akaashi hears and agrees.

it took a while, but they eventually could hear their friends' loud giggles from outside. ringing the doorbell, bokuto then proceeds to knock as well, so akaashi sighs and mumbles to himself, "is doing both necessary?"

"akaashi! mom called and said it's time for dinner. she said i could join!" bokuto says, and (y/n) tries to hide her smile at him calling akaashi's parent 'mom.' they must be really close. the thought makes her happy.

"why didn't she call me..." akaashi wonders aloud, checking his phone to find many missed calls from no one else but his mother. "oh, fuck."

the soft swear word catches (y/n), (friend's name), and bokuto by surprise. "a-akaashi!"

"forgive me, but we must leave...um, right now. thank you for having us and... helping with trigonometry," akaashi says, then bows which she immediately shakes her head at.

"no, no! it's okay. enjoy your dinner," (y/n) says, smiling at both boys.

they both wave to (y/n) and (friend's name) on their way out the door. just as they make it to the sidewalk, bokuto then stops in his tracks and quickly turns around, charging straight at (y/n). her heart starts beating fast, and she wonders what the heck he is thinking and what he's doing.

she realizes that he is running to (friend's name), not her. her heart sinks, and the excited grin on her face disappears. "goodbye, (friend's name)," he says, smiling wide and quickly takes her hand. (friend's name) blushes as he brings it to his lips, lightly pressing a kiss to the back of her hand.

"b-bye, bokuto."

(y/n) watches with a sad smile on her face. "aw, how cute," she comments, nudging her friend with her shoulder as they watch the boys actually leave this time. he turns around and waves with a goofy grin, and (friend's name) giggles.

"i see why you liked him."

liked, she thinks to herself. yes, past tense. i need to stop these feelings early before i am in too deep.

"so," (y/n) says, heading inside the house and closing the door behind them. "you have to tell me everything! what did you guys do? why didn't you bring home any ice cream? did you even get ice cream?"

her friend chuckles when (y/n) attacks her with questions. "yeah, we did get ice cream, even some for you and akaashi! but.. we ate it all."

"what!?"

"it was close to melting!"