six;

super sorry i didn't update earlier (i apologize too much ugh) but yikes the beginning is absolute bullshit lmao. i'm tired. it's like midnight and i'm finally posting this so ://

-

"akaashi, why don't you walk (y/n) home?" (best friend's name) offers, clinging onto bokuto's strong bicep while giving (y/n) a look. she obviously wanted to spend some time alone with bokuto, but the thing was, (y/n) didn't want to spend time with akaashi.

that came out wrong. at least, not alone, because in all honesty, akaashi wasn't a bad guy at all. she wouldn't mind hanging out as a group, maybe.

she saw him more as a friend which is what (friend's name) was hoping would not happen. (friend's name) is trying to push them together so that they could be one, loving clique that are all dating each other like on f.r.i.e.n.d.s or how i met your mother.

but, if (y/n) is ross, then she doesn't end up with bokuto -rachel- for another ten or so years. she is not waiting that long. she would give up on him by then (honestly what the fuck, ross, but they're cute, so it's okay. you go, ross).

also, if we are going by this f.r.i.e.n.d.s analogy, there is no way that (y/n) could end up with akaashi if she is ross and he is monica, rachel's (bokuto's) best friend. akaashi and (y/n) would basically be incest. what the hell, (y/n), you're not even making sense. stop relating your life to a tv show.

"i wasn't planning on going home just yet," akaashi admits, rubbing the side of his arm. noticing bokuto's depressing aura surrounding him, akaashi offers," but, if (y/n)-san doesn't mind waiting..."

"no, it's okay," she says, forcing a smile and glancing towards her friend, hoping (friend's name) would get the idea. "i don't mind walking alone."

"aw, what's wrong?" (friend's name) asks, noticing, for once, her best friend's weird mood.

"absolutely nothing. don't worry!" she says, trying to brighten the mood. "i'd just like to be alone for a short while."

"if you're sure," akaashi says, but tries not to look too relieved. he doesn't have anything against her or anything, but his friend's constant trying to pair him up with (y/n) makes him like her less.

"well, goodbye," (y/n) says, waving. this happens more often than she would like: leaving early to give her best friend and her crush some alone time.

"we can't let a lady walk home by herself!" bokuto suddenly exclaims, grabbing (friend's name)'s hand and dragging her along with the exiting (y/n).

"it's okay, bokuto," (y/n) says once she notices her best friend's look of longing on her face. she must really like this guy, and (y/n) doesn't know how to feel about that. "i can take care of myself."

it came out harsher than she intended. "o-oh."

(y/n) just wants some time to herself to think, and to keep her mind off bokuto and his large hands intertwined with her friend's smaller ones. aren't they moving too fast?

though, bokuto has always been that way. eager and excited, he jumps into a relationship.

are they properly dating? (y/n) never asked.

"hmm, you know what? i think i'll accompany her," (friend's name) eventually says, letting go of bokuto's hand, making him pout.

(y/n) immediately rejects the idea. "no, no! spend time with your boyfriend!"

"we hang out all the time! when was the last time i spent some quality time with my best friend?"

but, it would be too painful. "i-i guess..."

"okay!" she exclaims, grinning largely and waving to bokuto. "see you!"

"did she just ditch me?" he asks, watching his girlfriend and her best friend leave the gymnasium.

"yup."

"akaashi! that's where you comfort me and say, 'oh no, bokuto-san! she is just being a good friend to (y/n). don't worry about loosing her, bokuto-san!'" bokuto says, shaking akaashi's shoulders, rattling his brain.

"going home with her friend doesn't mean she's going to leave you bokuto-san," akaashi says, plainly, and rolls his eyes.

"it might be a sign though!"

"oh my god," akaashi says under his breath, rubbing his temples. "why does she even like you?"

"(friend's name) probably doesn't anymore!" he says, and akaashi sighs. "that's what i'm worried about."

"i wasn't talking about her," he mumbles to himself.

"what?" bokuto asks, not hearing him clearly.

"nothing."

"akaaasshhii, tell me what you said." akaashi ignores bokuto's whines as he continues to clean up the gym. "akaaashiii."

"you're oblivious to a lot of things bokuto-san," akaashi finally says, grabbing his bag and throwing it over his shoulder. "you should learn to be more observant of other people's feeling."

"what? whose feelin-" he chases akaashi out the door. "akaashi! please explain."

"no."

"i thought you said you were staying for a while longer?"

"i decided i'm not in the mood to practice any longer. goodbye, bokuto-san."

akaashi leaves bokuto alone with his thoughts. hmphing, bokuto crosses his arms over his chest and sits on the ground, wondering what in the world akaashi could he talking about. notice other's feelings? Whose feelings could he be talking about?

he sits there for a while, just thinking to himself before he finally came to a -wrong- conclusion.

"eeehh!? is akaashi in love with me!?"