eleven;

-

"(y/n)!" bokuto continues to call her name, and her legs continue to speed walk in the other direction. why are you running, (y/n)? you look suspicious.

maybe it's because she has finally had enough. she doesn't want to feel this way towards her friend's boyfriend anymore. maybe if she keeps her distance (avoids him), the feelings will eventually disappear.

but that won't happen if he continues to chase her like this. it is so hard for her to keep walking away from him, especially since she has no idea why he wants her in the first place. what if something bad has happened?

now, she's starting to feel guilty for running. all she wants is to not feel hurt anymore from her unrequited love, so she runs from her feelings just for them to chase her around the whole school, loudly calling her name in that deep, alluring voice that makes her want to stop everything and go to him.

but what did she expect? love is painful, and he's everywhere.

"(y/n), please! i just wanted to apologize!"

finally, she stops running.

when she slows her pace, it doesn't take long at all for him to catch up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "(y/n)?"

people stare at them, assuming this is similar to a scene from a movie where the love interest is apologizing to the main character for doing something stupid - like cheating or lying.

the difference is that in this, she's the best friend. not the main character. this isn't her love story. she is just some side character, maybe even a useless, boring, non-threatening rival.

she truly believes this, but little does she know that it is her story. it's just the angst before the happy ending.

"(y/n), please forgive me," bokuto says once he has her attention, and surprises her by bowing. she's breathing heavily from running for so long, and looking down at him, he's barely breaking a sweat. he's calm. stupid athlete, she thinks.

"p-please don't bow, bokuto! you didn't do anything wrong?" she says, her voice going up an octave to show that she has no idea what he's apologizing for.

"i made a huge mistake!" he explains, basically screaming apologetically at her with his body still bowing. she places her hands on his shoulders, pushing him up slightly with a small smile on her face.

"hey, hey, hey," she says softly, a grin on her face as she quotes his usual saying. "it's okay! whatever you did can't be that bad."

hearing her say those three words, he can't help the large smile spreading across his face. he found it amusing that she would say that at a time like this. he also feels pride when his catch phrase leaves another person's lips.

"still, i caused a huge misunderstanding. i'm really, super sorry! akaashi doesn't like you in that way, and i somehow made (friend's name) convinced that i was in love with you, then trying to make it up to her, i set up a double date with two people who don't have romantic feelings towards each other at all!"

"w-wait, she thinks you're in love with me?" she asks. that was basically the only thing she got out of that whole explanation. probably because she has only dreamt of him saying that about her, and somehow, (friend's name) thinks that her dreams are reality? when did this happen?

"nah, i was just trying to get akaashi to open up about his feelings!" he says, feeling proud of himself because he did learn about who akaashi liked eventually. "but.. (friend's name) misunderstood..."

"oh," (y/n) says, trying her hardest not to sound disappointed. he came all this way to apologize to her, and she is screaming inside from the fact that he even thought about her. you know that he loves (friend's name). stop getting your hopes up.

"which is why i would appreciate it if you would still go on the date with me," he offers, and her jaw drops at his words.

"wh..what? d-date with.." she can't even think straight. did he just ask her out? even though he just said he wasn't in love with her?

"yeah, on the double date!" he continues, and her heart drops. oh, yeah. the double date. of course that's what he is talking about. (y/n) just feels stupid now.

"i don't know," she trails off, unsure whether she would like to willingly be tortured by seeing them do couple things or not.

"please," he says, dragging it out in such a cute way. dangit, her heart can't take this. "do it for (friend's name)?" (y/n) doesn't want to be a bad friend, but.. "do it for me?"

how in the world could she say no to him?