Lonely Inception

With her knees pulled up to her chest, Ritteakka sat, still in shock and anger at what had just happened an hour earlier. Her anger was greatly diminished now, but it was unusual for her to feel anger. The fire in her veins, her blood boiling, The rush through her small body, it all frightened her. She couldn't understand how she could react in such a way. She never felt that way before. Tears swelled in her icy blue eyes. The fire was finally gone and she only felt a deep longing and sadness. It was too late to stop it, salty streams made their way down her white cheeks and she buried her face in her knees.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay?"

Ritteakka was startled by the voice. She looked up to see a human boy. He looked like he was from the poor part of town. His clothes were dirty and old and he had a black eye. She wondered if it had to do with the ruckus she had heard around the corner a few minutes ago.

"Y-yeah, I'm always okay," she lied, turning her face away.

"I saw what the other kids were doing to you," the lad said slowly. "Figured I'd teach them a lesson!" He smiled, brandishing his newly knocked out tooth. Or, at least where it used to be. Ritteakka couldn't help but smile back.

"Are you sure they learned it?"

He nodded and sat beside her.

"Well, of course! Or else I wouldn't be here, now would I?"

He had a point, the Rattataki decided. She wiped her face off as he offered his hand.

"My name is Jaybie, what's yours?"

"Ritteakka," she said slowly, shaking his hand.

"Well Ritteakka, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm sure we'll be great friends."