010

"You got me a present?"
Hoseok stopped mingling with the supplies and looked up at the taller.

"Yep. And I hope you like it."
Yoongi searched the bottom of the counter in search for the gift.

"But... Why would I..."
Hoseok slowly trailed off his words as the elder held out the gift in front of him.

The shorter stared timidly at the present as if greatly offended.

"You.. Got me.. A.. S-step-stepping... S-stool?.."
Hoseok stared at the black medium sized stool covered with little heart stickers and stars with the word 'HOSEOK' written in bold italics.

"Mhm, and I would like it if you could put it to good use." The elder smiled down at the very astonished boy. Tears lingering at the corner of his eyes, but daring not to let them fall.

"I-I hate y-you!..
Hoseok sniffled. B-but... Also.. Thank you.."
He said in a very in-audible voice, now taking a hold of the gift and staring at it fondly.

Yoongi only gave a fond smile at the small boy. He greatly admired Hoseok and always wanted to get closer to the younger, but obviously didn't want to expose himself just yet. Deep down he was a huge softie whenever it came to Hoseok. He wanted to only spend the rest of the day staring at the boy, but now noticing the workers heading into the café, ready to open up Screamin' Beans.

-

Everyone greeted good morning to each other before going to their respectful spots.

"Wow shorty! What a lovely stool!"
"Now you'll be able to reach things witought complaining!"
"Do you get any taller now that you have the stool?"
"Look at the cutie showing his soft side for once, rather than acting all tough!"

His co-workers complimented. Some making fun, but Hoseok trying to hold in his tears that were about to fall out.

"I h-hate all of you!"
He shouted out. Tears now streaming down his face as he quietly sobbed.

Yoongi still staring at the boy crying out tears
"Hoseok, I—"

"ALRIGHTY EVERYONE! ARE WE READY TO GET BOOMIN'?! TODAY IS THE DAY WE MAKE GREAT BUISNESS!"

Their rowdy boss had now walked in yelling in the early morning about them making great buisness that day.

"LET'S GET TO WORK YOU JELLYBEANS!"
He had tried cracking a pun but failing miserably.

_________

I hope everyone is having a beautiful day, stay safe, healthy, happy, feel good about yourself, and don't give no fuck about what anybody say about you💁🏽‍♀️
—sye